Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Hi from afar

User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 12:36

Warm greetings to all on this forum.

I have been following the advanced PcA forum for about a month and really feel that I know many of you very well now and I thank you all for your posts and comments.

I am a New Zealander, living in Auckland with advanced PcA. I think, I'm not sure, but I think;  I would like to open a conversation about my condition and  the ups and downs of this diagnosis and treatment path.

I am conscious though that this is the UK prostate forum, that I am not UK  and I do not want to intrude on the intimacy of what you have here.

So, before opening a conversation, I would like to know how you all feel about this. I will NOT be offended if you tell me not to. I understand if you wish to keep this "local".

Please feel free to comment or PM me. I genuinely will not be offended by any negative response and as I said, I'm not 100% sure that I ready to share all anyway :)   

kind regards to  you all

Martin

"And Rocky said, doc it's only a scratch. And I'll be better, I'll be better doc as soon as I am able"
User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 13:55

Hi Martin
Post away.Everyone will welcome you.Alot of help and support on here

Garey

User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 14:04

Hello Martin,

No matter what part of the world you are from you will be welcomed here.

Feel free to post away and open a conversation.

Someone will be along to help or advise you I'm sure.

Just keep in mind that new posts go to the moderators first before they go 'live'... as it's the weekend there may be a delay before you see your post.

Best wishes

Luther

User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 14:11
Hi Martin,

Welcome to the forum it doesn't matter where you are from could be Mars for all we care. When you are ready feel free to post whatever you like. I have read a few of your comments so far so as I said when you are ready.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 14:12

Hello Martin, don't be daft, you are very welcome, after all you have the one thing common to us all.

We may not be able to help with available treatments in your neck of the woods but if they are the same or similar then somebody will be able to answer/advise you.

If you are not sure you are ready to "bare all" but have been watching us for a while, perhaps you will have seen a post that echoes what you are feeling or going through. If that is so, you could start by clicking on that person's profile picture, read it in full and then private message them.

I guarantee that there won't be one person on here who says "on your bike" (means go away in a [polite way!)

Glad you are here, you have already dipped your toe in our water so post away.

All the best
Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 15:15
Martin,

Welcome from me too.

Feel very free to contact us on whatever you want.

And contribute .

Wishing you well through PCa.

John

User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 16:01

Hi Martin,

Of course you are very welcom here.

There is also YANA (YouAreNotAlone), which is an international support group based in Australia, you may find lots of other Kiwis at YANA?

:)

Dave

User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 16:30

Your post says a lot about your character Spursman. Post away my friend.

(Just don't mention the FA Cup http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 16:59

hey up from me, and welcome

regards
nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 17:31

Martin welcome. We are hosted by PCUK but have often had people join us from around the world. I know Auckland and New Zealand, my son in law comes from there and I have been out there so know you come from a great place. If you are needing some advice or just support or want to make a comment, whatever your needs are, we are here to help you. Welcome,

User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 18:10

Welcome, Martin. We all have PCa in common irrespective of where we are ! Regards,

Fiona.

User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 20:24
Hi Martin this is a very welcoming online community who will be there to share the ups and help you through the downs. Jx
User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 21:43
Welcome Martin

Auckland the City of sails ...I did America's cup racing out there 5 years ago.

Love NZ have friends and family there.

We have Grea from Australia who is a regular poster too.

It's good to have input from somewhere other than UK we get to hear about different treatments, approaches to treatment, new meds etc.

Best wishes

Xx

Mo

User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 21:57

Wow! Thanks for all those messages. I'll gather my thoughts and post in a few days.

"And Rocky said, doc it's only a scratch. And I'll be better, I'll be better doc as soon as I am able"
User
Posted 15 Feb 2016 at 00:04

Hi Martin. I am from Australia and find this forum informative, accepting and welcoming . We holidayed recently in NZ and I have a good friend who lives in Auckland. A beautiful city indeed. Hope you feel comfortable to share what you would like and be assured someone will be here to give suggestions, support etc. Cheers Georgina

User
Posted 15 Feb 2016 at 02:29
Hi Martin,

Just wanted to welcome you our forum.

You will find many kind supportive here, so I look forward to reading your posts.

Steve