I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

fit for return to work

User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 07:40
Went in to see the works medical Dr yesterday has agreed Iam fit to return to work cant wait miss my job
Getting my life back into order

And also later will have the house move back on track
Anyone having or had a gas appliance fitted make sure its been registered with gassafe

Regards
Nidge
run long and prosper
'pooh how do you spell love'
'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'
User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 10:35

Best wishes with the return to work Nidge and hope you can pick up where you left off.

Good luck with the house move, sounds like it's going to be some hard work coming up so get loads of rest as you get used to working again.

Cheers Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 10:47

Congratulations Nidge

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 12:01

Well done Nidge.

New home, return to work - it's your new life. I hope all goes well with both.

All the best
Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 12:17
Nidge that is good news.

I have just started on the house move quest, the letter I had from my solicitor had pages of questions about work undertaken, drainange, sewerage, boundaries etc. I thought that is what we paid them vast sums of money to establish?! I had to give certificates of compliance for the new kitchen and bathrooms I had fitted, for gas and electrical changes that were involved. I believe any change after 2005 has to be certified. It is very frustrating. I hope you get completion OK.
best wishes
xx
Mo
User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 12:31

Congratulations Nidge.

"And Rocky said, doc it's only a scratch. And I'll be better, I'll be better doc as soon as I am able"
User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 12:40

Best wishes on your return to work Nidge!

I last moved house around 30 years ago.... Rules and Regs  have changed a bit since then.....

We have recently had our electrics upgraded ( new consumer unit with RCBO's on each circuit ) and a 'certificate' was duly issued.

A new kitchen and bathroom is in the pipeline ( maybe next year ) if we can fit it in between us going away with the caravan 

It appears that there is a 'certificate ' required for everything these days ...... but having worked in the aerospace industry I'm familiar with certificates and traceability  http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif  

Luther

User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 13:26

Seems because he put the wrong postcode the certificate is invalid and he needs to do a new one

run long and prosper
User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 13:49

Good news about returning to work ☺

Only a small delay hopefully on the house move.And not too far to move.

Did you get second car sorted ?

Get life back to some kind of normality.

User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 13:56
Congratulations on your return to work, Nidge and I hope that all goes well with the house move.
Just had a new gas boiler fitted (duly certificated) ans so have spent the last few days repairing walls and ceiling, plastering, painting, fitting new kitchen cupboards and am just having a break from the tiling.
Thank you so much for all of your words of wisdom which have helped me make decisions about my future regarding treatment.
All the very best.

Kevan
User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 18:00
Nidge,

That's great news .
When I returned to work I had a fantastic reception. I couldn't believe how genuinely pleased they were to see me back.
I only worked short hours to start with but it was great to be able to be there.
I found it tiring to start with though.
And I am glad I went back.

I retired 8 months later but not because I didn't want to be at work but because I wanted to do other things.
I don't miss it at all.
But I expect my ex colleagues were glad to see the back of me by then!

Hope all goes well for you ,

John
User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 19:08

seems the gas fitter has been in contact with gas safe and they have told him its a legal requirement, he is now asking for the payment to register the boiler which
a he should have done when installed
b put in the right postcode when he finally registered boiler

its a fortune to register it £4.20 and he says send me this payment then I will register boiler, so have passed this on to the seller
and they wonder why plumbers get a bad name,
wife said why you helping them out if I hadn't we would have had a bit of paper from building control that was worthless

re the car hanging fire till I have tried bus service which will be 3days a week

run long and prosper
User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 20:02

Good you have been passed fit for work and look forward to it. Everything seems to be very involved nowadays and was a hassle when we moved some 4 years ago. Apart from the highly detailed questionnaire which I fully completed, my purchaser's solicitors kept coming back with further questions until I suspected it was a deliberate delaying ploy. Eventually, I told them so and that they had had every opportunity to ask all questions, so if they asked any more I would take my house off the market. Luckily, I had kept a load of certificates, bills for major work, building inspector approvals, guarantees etc, and I would recommend people do this to make life easier when selling.

Barry
User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 20:47

I fitted the new kitchen myself - does that mean I am going to have problems if we ever want to sell?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 22:32
I too had a great reception back at work although I realise I am not the man I was as what is important has changed somewhat. Whilst I am still there 3 months on I make sure that more if my time is spent doing what I want so I hope they don't suck you in to working flat out.
I read a quote somewhere which goes a bit like this " there is no live work balance only choices, you alone chose how much you work and how much you live". Since reading that I have definitely put live first always ( and sometimes that can be at work!!!).
Enjoy, hope you get time for running still, even shorties?
Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 23:41
Nidge,

Good Luck for the return to work, you do miss it when you been off for a while. I'm sure there's a lot of people who have really missed you while you've been off.

Hope the house move progresses with no more problems, so long since we last moved that I didn't realise it was so complicated.

All the Best,

Steve
User
Posted 20 Feb 2016 at 02:23

Well I guess if you're going back to work you might be able to scrape together the £4.20 if you need to! Better still the plumber should pay for not issuing the certificate when he was supposed to.

Good luck on your return to work. I never thought I'd say it but I miss work

Rosy

User
Posted 20 Feb 2016 at 14:39

Best wishes on you're return to work and getting you're life back in order
Well done & best wishes from
Yorkshire lass

User
Posted 20 Feb 2016 at 15:52
Hi nudge
This is great news of you been able to go back to work.
Think the moving house sounds very stressful but will be great once move completed.
Wishing you all the best
Lesley x
User
Posted 20 Feb 2016 at 17:51

Hi Nidge
Great news about you feeling well enough to get back to work.
All I can say is don't work too hard.
Like irun I hope you are still getting the chance to run. I'm just doing 10k training runs at the moment.

Paul

User
Posted 20 Feb 2016 at 17:57

At the mo got ny running upto 3miles
Doing a strength n conditioning class on wed nights

Thanks for all the support n goodwishs

Regards
Nidge

run long and prosper
User
Posted 20 Feb 2016 at 19:09
Hi Nidge really good news about work and house, just don't over do it. Take care Jayne x
User
Posted 22 Feb 2016 at 13:24

Good luck 👍