Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

30 months and still undetectable

User
Posted 25 Feb 2016 at 19:42

Hi

Had da vinci oct 2013. all tests clear and just had latest 6 month report this week. still 0.001. what a relief. i dont get nervous before each result until i am in the waiting room!! But then again i thought i was fine before the initial diagnosis.

My overall health has been fine and i am more active than before. I go to the gym 2/3 times a week, i swim, walk as much as i can and last year took up walking football. Also i am working normally. I think the whole experience has given me a more positive attitude to life.

I am 99% dry but ED has been a problem. But the main thing is i made it through and have a story and success to record

So i hope this news can help others. I am a member of a local support group and there are many others there who have come through successfully.  But on reading through stories of others  on this site who have not had such success, i realise how lucky I have been and appreciate it.

Still two and a half years to go though so fingers crossed

User
Posted 25 Feb 2016 at 22:04
Hi John250

You're right this is a success story, it's what we love to hear and we look forward to hearing more like it but at the same time we feel for those on this journey with PCa.

Thank you for this encouragement, best wishes as you continue your journey

Arthur

Edited by member 26 Feb 2016 at 15:48  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 25 Feb 2016 at 22:14

Congratulations John it's god news for you and it is the right sort of news for all on here especially for this that are new to this god awful disease, it gives them hope and the realisation that there is light at the end of the tunnel, it's not all bad news.

I myself have had good news three weeks ago and also have a PSA of 0.01 and have felt a weight lift from my shoulders. I always felt positive while being treated as I believe that a positive mental attitude is better than being doom and gloom.

Keep us posted John.

Best wishes Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 25 Feb 2016 at 23:28

Congratulations - great result

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 26 Feb 2016 at 20:17
John

Great news and another 6 months towards that goal.

Don't give up on ED issues, recently we have heard of several men still getting improvements into their 3rd year post surgery. Also more and more people are openly sharing their advice and experiences on dealing with this on here.

I wish you all the very best

Xx

Mo

User
Posted 26 Feb 2016 at 20:44

Great news for you John,

Don't give up on EF at this stage. It used it be said that at 2 years post op you recovery was as good as it would get. Maybe it still is? If it is that advice is outdated.

3 years on things can still improve. Keep playing keep exercising. Use it, and play with it as often as you can.

But, a great result . ATB

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 26 Feb 2016 at 20:48

Excellent news John. Very pleased for you

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails