Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
<12

Frightened.....

User
Posted 01 Jun 2016 at 07:21

Cat really sad news. Your dad was a fighter and had you and your mum in his corner covering his back.

There is nothing that I can say to help except to offer my condolences and hope that the love that you have for him and your mum will get you through these difficult times.

You have been an inspiration to me with the strength of determination and the will to fight this horrid disease.

Regards Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 01 Jun 2016 at 07:22

Hi Cat
I've always followed your posts , and lately with much sadness. My sincerest condolences to you all.
Chris xx

User
Posted 01 Jun 2016 at 07:52
Cat

So sad and sorry to hear of your loss, please accept my sincere condolences. Take care of yourself and each other,thinking of you all.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 01 Jun 2016 at 09:33
So sad to read this Cat you have been so brave and caring all the way through this horrible diseases . Your posts will give hope to many people 6 years with an incurable diagnosis your Dad was a miracle man.

He is know at peace and in time you will be able to remember the good times .

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 01 Jun 2016 at 09:39

Dear Cat and Family

I send you my sincerest condolences on the loss of a really lovely person. He thought of you all, even until the end.

Your hearts are breaking but they will heal given time, even the sadness you feel now will diminish a lot although thoughts of his loss will always be with you. He is safe now and out of pain.

Your babies will both hurt and heal you as they are too young to understand that granddad has gone forever but they will talk about him and make you laugh (~and cry too I expect) but although their memories will become hazy over time, I know that you will keep his memory alive for them.

The love you have for him shone through all of your posts, he had a daughter to be truly proud of and I'm sure he knew it.
I'm sure your mum is equally proud of you and together you will give each other strength in the coming days and weeks.

I'm thinking of you today and sending my thoughts in the hope that they will help to keep you all strong.

With my very best wishes to you all

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 01 Jun 2016 at 13:16

Very sad to read of your loss - sincere condolences to you all.

Take care.

KRO...

User
Posted 01 Jun 2016 at 14:26
Dear Cat & Family,

You are a credit to your dad, what a lovey daughter. My thoughts are with you all at this very sad time.

Leila X

User
Posted 01 Jun 2016 at 16:51
Cat

I'm so sorry, please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your lovely dad. I know we knew the time was near but it still a shock all the same. Both my dad and my brother in law waited until they were alone to pass away. The nurses told us it is very common, almost as though they are waiting for you to leave or go to sleep. You father had a wonderful daughter, he was so proud of you I'm sure of that. See in love to you and your mum and all the family.

With love

Devonmaid xxx

User
Posted 01 Jun 2016 at 16:52
Cat

I'm so sorry, please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your lovely dad. I know we knew the time was near but it still a shock all the same. Both my dad and my brother in law waited until they were alone to pass away. The nurses told us it is very common, almost as though they are waiting for you to leave or go to sleep. You father had a wonderful daughter, he was so proud of you I'm sure of that. Sending love to you and your mum and all the family.

With love

Devonmaid xxx

User
Posted 01 Jun 2016 at 22:26
Hi Cat

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your dad, it brought a tear to my eye.

You have been a wonderful daughter to him and you know he is proud of you. Having a daughter myself I know of the special relationship between a dad and daughter and so I know from my own feelings how he would feel about you.

I was really touched how you signed off your post "daddys ittle princess". Thinking of you and your family at this sad time.

Edited by member 01 Jun 2016 at 22:29  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 03 Jun 2016 at 08:12

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news Cat.

David

User
Posted 03 Jun 2016 at 09:32

Cat, you don't need to do anything to make dad proud of you - you already did everything he could have wished or hoped for.

I wish for you just a little more of the strength you have already shown, for the coming days, weeks and months xxx

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 03 Aug 2016 at 00:13

Hello All,

Well it's been 2 months, 2 days without Dad - and something has brought me back to the Community that helped me so much :) 

It saddens me to read new posts of Prostate/Advanced Cancer sufferers but at the same time I now have 5 year 6 months under my belt of knowing how truly amazing the help out there is.

My Dad was someone at the worst stages & who fought bravely for so long with so much help - and so much love around him, he never moaned he strived every day for seeing the next year, month, week and day.

It wasn't an easy journey but weirdly it was still a happy one (mostly), sure their were many struggles - but even now Mum & I say Dad didn't struggle until the very end.  

One Tuesday, there I was sitting talking to him normally like I did every tuesday (my day off of work) he was sat in his chair in the Living Room, with Debbie the lovely Hospice nurse there to checking in on him, but she was saying Dad seemed frailer (walking was difficult for him and ever so slow) but he still did it with the aid of crutches - Dad held my Hand that day (after having my 2 year old on his lap for cuddles) and said 'have I done okay babe?' tears filled our eyes and I said wow Dad your amazing, I think I knew then what was coming, Dad was letting me know for the first time, he was tired and ready to go - such an emotional day - That night my Mum, Sister and I drove from London to Essex to tell my Brother in person it wouldn't be long. Debbie advised us we had only weeks now - this came as a shock!

The next Day Dad couldn't get our of bed, various things were put in place, hospital beds, a care team, myself and my siblings were there every day for the following week but then the following Tuesday my beautiful Daddy took his last breath. All our hearts were broken and still are.

What I have I learnt? My Dad was determined to live as long as possible - mind over matter (stage 4, spread everywhere and he made it 5 years 7 months later with  PSA of over 3000) Never moaned.  

I never thought I could cope without him, I'm not sure I am coping - sometimes I'm happy, sometimes I cry - but mostly I am ok, I haven't broken down as I thought I would. Mum is Mum (amazing women she is), always staying tough (I'll do alright with Mum & Dads resilience), she's lonely in their big house with just her and the dog but she's managing (I suppose you just do). I think we've all been suffocating her in our overly caring way but she likes it :)

Our World seems so crazy to me at the moment, but when you go back to basics, love and the love we have had, & still have to come will guide us all through.  My Dad had over 80 people at his funeral, for the first time ever I stood and read a tribute and a poem as did my siblings, we celebrated my Dads life & I know we made him proud.

It's not an easy journey, I still wish my Dad was here, I still long for him, I still have a little cry,  but I know myself and my family will be okay - after all he made us what we are - so we have to keep going :) 

I wish all those just starting on this path a long one and those still on it an happy and pain free one and those that do the 24 care like my beautiful Mum - well you are truly amazing.

and once again I Thank everyone on this Community for taking the time each day to log in and read posts of those that need support, you are all totally amazing.... 

Cat xx

User
Posted 03 Aug 2016 at 22:45
Oh Wow Cat,

I haven't looked in for a few days but I am so glad I did to read your lovely post, it has truly touched me. I like so many will understand your need to come back and revisit old friends where you have felt such empathy . I honestly think this is a safety net full of people that understand. We are all still here for you.

X

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 04 Aug 2016 at 07:25

Thank you for sharing your journey Cat and your inner thoughts, you and your family, especially your dad are inspirational and I'm sure your dad will be with you throughout this journey of life with all its twists and turns, I hope you and your family can heal soon although never forget,
Viv xxxx

The only time you should look back is to see how far you have come
User
Posted 04 Aug 2016 at 18:39
Hi Cat

I'm pleased to see you back, what a positive attitude you have, it's really inspirational. I know things haven't always been easy and that dad and John were diagnosed around the same time. I'm lucky I still have John here with me and your story makes me a little less afraid of the future.

RIP your lovely dad, lovely to see you here Cat

Lots of love

Devonmaid xxxx

Edited by member 04 Aug 2016 at 18:40  | Reason: Not specified