I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Next appointment

User
Posted 28 Feb 2016 at 21:06
Evening all, hope you are all ok. Dad has his next appointment on Wednesday and I really don't know what to expect. Having spent a few days with dad this week I am quite worried about what the consultant will say, I'm hoping that his fatigue and pain is linked to him starting the treatment but I just don't know.

As far as we know this appointment will tell us the prognosis, trying to think of questions we may need to ask so would really appreciate any advice xxx

User
Posted 29 Feb 2016 at 09:20

Hello Dawn,
Because you have started a new post regarding you dad and haven't given any details it might be harder for members to answer straight off. They will need to go back to your previous posts to get an update.

I know he has mets but your profile doesn't have any statistics so we have to find your previous posts under "Scared for my Dad" to find his history. It would be helpful if you could put a few details in your profile for the future.

I know you had quite a few replies last time so hopefully by answering you it might bring along a few other members.

I have no experience of PC with mets so cannot advise you

All the best
Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 29 Feb 2016 at 09:59

Hi Dawn, I think I have just responded to your sister????

Generally speaking, the doctors don't usually give a 'prognosis' unless the patient specifically asks - the doctors can't tell how long someone might live because the hormone treatment can work for some men for 10 years while for others it fails almost immediately. Rather than thinking in terms of prognosis, see the appointment as an opportunity to discuss how the pain can be controlled and what the treatment plan is going to be.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard