Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Daughter worried about her dad

User
Posted 17 Mar 2016 at 10:45
Hi I am a newbie on her.
My dad was diagnosed with PC back in 2011. Up until last year it was kept under control by hormone injections every 3month. Then his PSA went up to 36.7 n the consultant decided a course of Chemo was needed. He had 6 sessions of chemo which got his PSA down to 5.5. They then stopped his treatment. A month or so later his PSA started to rise again. So they continued with another 4 sessions. My dad has not been right since. He's had constant stomach pains. Tiredness. No energy. Generally no got up n go. 8 weeks ago they started him on Enzalutimide Capsules. His PSA dropped from 32.5 to 21.3 in the first month. So they agreed to start another month's course. My dad has been in hospital since then back with stomach pains. The doctors can't seem to work out what is causing it. I'm just wondering if anyone can shine some light on our situation or is anyone on the same treatment suffering the same symptoms.
User
Posted 17 Mar 2016 at 19:38

Hi Clarabella, firstly welcome to this site and I am sure you will get some helpful information on here.

I think you will need to give as much information about your dads diagnosis, for example what was his PSA reading in 2011 and was he given a Gleason score and a staging? Any further info during treatment will enable someone to answer you I am sure.

I personally have no experience of the treatment that your dad is having and my answering will bump your post back to the top.

Best wishes to you and your dad

Regards Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 17 Mar 2016 at 20:33

Clarebella, more questions than answers I am afraid - do you know where the cancer had spread to when dad was diagnosed? And have they done any scans while he has been in hospital this time? Does he have any problems when urinating?

Enzalutimide isn't known for causing stomach pain although back pain is a side effect. Enzo can also cause spinal problems.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard