I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Abiraterone Before Chemo

User
Posted 21 Mar 2016 at 22:00

"New guidance in England has expanded coverage of treatment with abiraterone acetate (Zytiga) + prednisone for men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC).

According to a media release from the National Institute for Health Care and Clinical Excellence (NICE), abiraterone + prednisone (or prednisolone) can now be used under the National Health Service to treat men with mCRPC who have no symptoms or only mild symptoms of their disease after androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) has failed, and before chemotherapy is indicated. This form of treatment had previously been approved for use only in men who had progressed on ADT and also progressed again after docetaxel-based chemotherapy.

Apparently NICE and the manufacturer of Zytiga (Janssen) came to a pricing agreement under which the company will rebate the drug cost of Zytiga from the 11th month until the end of treatment for men who are able to remain on treatment for more than 10 months."

This from a sister site in the USA.  Great News.

AC in Northants

User
Posted 22 Mar 2016 at 07:21

Hello AC
That was also in "The Times" yesterday and is very good news.

The article also mentioned Enzalutamide had also been cleared by NICE for pre chemo treatment at diagnosis.

It's interesting, I've been on Enza + HT now for 15 months after Diagnosis in Dec 2015 (im on the Stampede Trial) and just had latest blood results where psa is still down at .04.

I hope these new treatments give everyone the same results.

Paul

User
Posted 22 Mar 2016 at 08:45

~I heard this on the car radio as I was dropping the grandson off last night.

He looked a bit startled when I yelled "Yay" !

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails