Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Boosting Vitamin D

User
Posted 26 Mar 2016 at 08:49

Hi Guys,

Just a seasonal reminder that we need Vit D in the fight against cancer and after a long wet winter the sooner you catch some rays of sunshine the healthier you will be.

I actually managed an hour sunbathing yesterday, first time this year, it's not for the feint hearted, but behind the greenhouse, out of the wind, I had space enough to catch a few rays and not die of cold!

This morning I have the merest hint of panda eyes and my white belly isn't quite so white.

:)

Dave

User
Posted 27 Mar 2016 at 09:37

Hi Guys,

It gets better, I woke up this morning with a lazy lob and felt inclined to trouble the wife.

Not bad for a bloke who had his last Prostrap injection just 4 months ago.

I can't help thinking the sunshine had something to do with it, extra vitamin D causing the sap to rise in spring?

Dave

User
Posted 27 Mar 2016 at 13:24

Headline next week:

"There is to be a government levy this summer on all lazy lobs, lazy yobs and nosey sods. To ensure you are not eligible for this levy you need to have a signed statement to this effect with photographic evidence and the signatures of a responsible child, in the event of complete irresponsible child access then the paw print of mans best friend will do."

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 26 Mar 2016 at 09:37
Good morning Dave
What a fabulous day it was yesterday - really lifted the spirits but I wasn't brave enough to start stripping off. Gardening with shirt sleeves rolled up was good and everyone seemed so happy.
I didn't think it fair to spoil the feeling of wellbeing by exposing myself to the neighbours and I have to admit that even the OH begs me to think twice.
Your description does conjour up a picture and while I take my hat off to you that is as far as it goes just at the moment.
Enjoy your weekend.

Kevan
User
Posted 26 Mar 2016 at 10:21

I sat out in our back garden yesterday.... it's in a sheltered position so was quite warm..

I was contemplating power washing our patio....... but after careful consideration I decided to have a few beers instead http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif

PS.... Different story out with the dogs this morning...... blowing a gale in the rain....and got rather damp! 

Luther

User
Posted 26 Mar 2016 at 10:53

Hi Dave
I love love love the sun and strip off and do garden jobs as soon as it gets warm. Although I'm not quite the Adonis I was a few years back 😀
Luther made me laugh. Yes big plans only to be scuppered by beers and chilling instead. Roll on summer!!
Chris

User
Posted 26 Mar 2016 at 13:13

Dave- Following your advice, rather than sunbathe, I took a multivitamin tablet today- It's windy here, and chucking it down. The sun has been and gone, as has the snow on the hills.

Mind you, a fortnight ago I was out on my first post op walk in the local mountains and came back red faced. At first I thought it was because of over exertion. Took a while to recognise as sunburn- extra uv's reflected off the dazzling white snow cover.

User
Posted 27 Mar 2016 at 09:37

Hi Guys,

It gets better, I woke up this morning with a lazy lob and felt inclined to trouble the wife.

Not bad for a bloke who had his last Prostrap injection just 4 months ago.

I can't help thinking the sunshine had something to do with it, extra vitamin D causing the sap to rise in spring?

Dave

User
Posted 27 Mar 2016 at 11:01
OMG Dave

all local health shops have sold out of VitD, sunlamps are selling for a fortune on e bay and the association of travel agents have reported a mass take up of short notice holidays to the sun.

There should be a prize for the potential daily mail headline on Friday next week.

On a more serious note, what a great result and after only 4 months post HT withdrawal. I suspect the feelgood factor from the sun is the other side of Seasonally Affected Disorder (SAD) and could well have played a part in your morning glory. Or of course if you wanted to score some serious domestic credit points you could say the wife had something to do with it too !

Luther .... I am 100% with you, In true "spring is in the air" manner, I considered cleaning my conservatory but someone mentioned prosecco and that was that!!

xx
Mo
User
Posted 27 Mar 2016 at 11:08

Total lob envy !! Seems like the Easter bunny delivers new wishes these days

User
Posted 27 Mar 2016 at 13:24

Headline next week:

"There is to be a government levy this summer on all lazy lobs, lazy yobs and nosey sods. To ensure you are not eligible for this levy you need to have a signed statement to this effect with photographic evidence and the signatures of a responsible child, in the event of complete irresponsible child access then the paw print of mans best friend will do."

User
Posted 27 Mar 2016 at 19:42

I found a tiny slug in the bedroom of the old cottage  the other day

Haven't noticed them this early in the year before , but maybe I'm getting more observant since my op!

User
Posted 28 Mar 2016 at 05:53

Had visions of chris stripped off doing his gardening with nothing on
Put me off my porridge lol
Regards
Nidge

run long and prosper
'pooh how do you spell love'
'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'