I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Patient Access App

User
Posted 26 Mar 2016 at 20:22
Patient Access App. Last week I noted the option to view recent documents from consultant to GP ( I have hard copies amyways). It now doesn't allow that but does include one line medical history, in my case back to 1951, split into sections: Recent Significant; Significant and Minor.

Strangely, to me, although RT comes under the Significant section HT isn't in any section?

Who makes the decision what documents can be viewed the surgery or NHS Admin?

Ray

User
Posted 26 Mar 2016 at 22:26

Hi Ray
I started patient access 6 months ago , mainly for the ease of repeat prescriptions , and booking an appointment. This works well. However my medical history is tragically short of information , and not even a one-liner to be honest. And no blood test results or Onco letters or ED letters etc.
A half-service really
Chris

User
Posted 26 Mar 2016 at 23:23

Hi Chris

Perhaps yours will get updated soon. I also have immunisation and allergies records but no blood test results.

Ray

User
Posted 27 Mar 2016 at 08:22

Well, I put in the papers for our access a month ago. So far they are not on the system.

I even marked our calendar to make sure I activated them before the 30 day deadline but that won't work anyway of the surgery is still sitting on the papers.

I'll have to see what happened to them and start again I suppose

Edited by member 27 Mar 2016 at 10:03  | Reason: Not specified

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 27 Mar 2016 at 08:57

Hi Johnson

I had issues getting registered. It turned out surgery had entered my email address wrong on Emiss. So could be worth a check.

Ray

User
Posted 27 Mar 2016 at 10:04

Will do Ray, thanks
We have registered separately though and have different email addresses and I can't access either account. John isn't really interested anyway, except to be able to make appointments perhaps and even then I have to nag him into making them!

Our surgery has had a complete change of receptionist staff (it seems the others all retired at the same time ?) plus three new doctors , so I expect there is some transitional problems still taking place.

Thanks for the hint anyway

User
Posted 27 Mar 2016 at 10:42
We have had the "pilot" service at our medical centre for about 3 years now, it was limited to information about the surgery, repeat prescriptions and appointments to start with. They all worked well albeit there was rarely appointments with a doctor available to book online. Our practice manager is really good, he advised that the appointment system is dictated by targets. So they have to hold back so many appoitments every day as emergency ones, a small percent are held back for Doctors who need to see a patient again within a week, only 25% of available slots are released at the start of each month and they are the ones that are put onto the pilot system.

It was however easy to use and meant I could order a prescription which would go direct to the local pharmacy where i could collect it 2 days later.

Then a few weeks ago it was updated to a new version to allow for patient notes etc. to go on. I tried to order a repeat prescription last week, no longer a simple intuitive process but a challenge of mind over app with that line from a TV show "computer says No" coming to mind. There are notes on the surgery website apologising for the inaccessability of the service and also to say that links to patient records have had to be disabled.

Im afraid it looks like another badly managed .gov project and one which will take some time to become properly usable.

xx

Mo

User
Posted 27 Mar 2016 at 11:26

Was not aware this system was available. I registered long ago to have copies of correspondence relating to my PCa and this seems to have worked well. However, I don't have details of other medical history going back over the years and there are circumstances when this might be useful, for example, as when some Insurers want certain details of medical history. Do you just have to ask the receptionist at your surgery or complete a form? Unfortunately, this is going to add significantly to the Practice workload unless they provide a secure way of patients assessing their notes electronically.

Barry
User
Posted 27 Mar 2016 at 12:58
Barry

It's said receptionist workload is reduced as prescriptions and appointments can be done on-line.

We just needed to fill a form in. My wife's went through the next day, mine a bit longer.

I'm unsure how far back documents will be open to view. In my own case each time I've moved around the GP has passed the comment we might get a summary of past history but most of the notes go missing .

Ray

User
Posted 27 Mar 2016 at 14:26

We just got the forms from the receptionist Barry. Fill 'em in and take 'em back and it should be job done!!

User
Posted 27 Mar 2016 at 17:29

Thanks folks, will see receptionist about this. I know that when I moved to Devon just over four years ago, it took some ten weeks to get my notes transferred over from my previous surgery in Surrey - not sure where the delay was. It will be interesting to find out how far the records go back and whether they include army medical notes.

Barry