I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Prostate cancer migation

User
Posted 31 Mar 2016 at 17:03

I had a radical prostectomy just over two years ago. The cancer migrated to my water pipe but no further, which is very rare. After several scapes that appeared to be clear, but have just been told that a ct scan has detected a anomally on my liver. I am awaiting a referal to a relevent consultant, but wonder if anyone else has add this problem.

User
Posted 31 Mar 2016 at 18:09

If you check my postings, you'll see that my situation is analogous, though in my case migration was down not up. Abiraterone is providing pretty good control. Good Luck with the liver issue- can't hlp on that.

SAC in Northants

User
Posted 02 Apr 2016 at 01:55

Hi Jay,
it is sadly quite common for spreading cancer to go to the liver but not usually out of the blue like this. It is hard to follow your post but if they had thought your treatment was successful, why have they scanned you again? Was your PSA rising? Whatever has happened, I guess you will have to wait for results of more tests before you can decide what to do next?

Edited by member 02 Apr 2016 at 01:55  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 31 Mar 2016 at 18:09

If you check my postings, you'll see that my situation is analogous, though in my case migration was down not up. Abiraterone is providing pretty good control. Good Luck with the liver issue- can't hlp on that.

SAC in Northants

User
Posted 02 Apr 2016 at 01:55

Hi Jay,
it is sadly quite common for spreading cancer to go to the liver but not usually out of the blue like this. It is hard to follow your post but if they had thought your treatment was successful, why have they scanned you again? Was your PSA rising? Whatever has happened, I guess you will have to wait for results of more tests before you can decide what to do next?

Edited by member 02 Apr 2016 at 01:55  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard