I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

totally unconnected!

User
Posted 01 Apr 2016 at 12:53

Hi - apologies in advance if I'm not supposed to post something like this but I could really use some help and it might distract us from thinking of prostate cancer if only for a short time! I belong to a pain management support group and we are needing to come up with a new name as we have had to change the place we meet up at. Would love to hear suggestions as we're a bit stumped! Ideas could include one of the following (but am certainly open to others):

Inspirational word (but not one that is associated with a charity or something else).

A clever use of the first letter of each word that makes up another word (for example Pain And Progress! Though this would clearly be unusable as you would end up with P.A.P but you catch my drift. I know there is a name for this but it eludes me right now!).

Something that just sounds appealing and that you would want to go to regardless of gender, sexuality, race etc.

Will be grateful for any help - thanks (we are in the Durham area but this doesn't have to be in the Group name but could be).

User
Posted 01 Apr 2016 at 21:59
J

I guess Acronym was the word you were thinking of, plus posting puts you back into the recent posts again.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 01 Apr 2016 at 22:24

Ooooh, I'll be at this all weekend , being a word freak !!
Number 1. ESP. Eradicating Suffering and Pain
Number 2 MOPS. Management Of Pain and Suffering
etc etc

I'll be awake all damn night now !!

User
Posted 01 Apr 2016 at 23:25

Chris will be good at this because he is one of those weirdos who like doing cryptic crosswords.

I will also be thinking about it all night when I should be finishing a big piece of work - unfortunately, this will be a welcome distraction Jilly :-(

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 02 Apr 2016 at 06:47

Serenity
Halcyon
Plain sailing. Or. Pain Sailing. ( I like this one )
Bed of Roses
Elysium
PRIDE. Pain Relief In Durham East. Or something beginning with E. Not elephant !
DROPS. Durham Relief Of Pain Syndicate

User
Posted 02 Apr 2016 at 10:43

Hi Jilly,

How about PEACE

Which could be Pain Erradication in A Calming Environment

:)

Dave

User
Posted 02 Apr 2016 at 12:43

Remedy  - well it's got the "D" for Durham!

Flexi

User
Posted 02 Apr 2016 at 14:54

I just knew that I would get some great answers on here - pleased it's taking peoples' minds of their troubles like I said if only for a short while ( didn't mean for it to take away from a project though Lyn lol!). Thanks everyone for your responses!

Quick disclaimer - will not be held responsible for any sleep lost! http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif

Edited by member 02 Apr 2016 at 15:01  | Reason: Not specified