I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

should I laugh or cry?

User
Posted 02 Apr 2016 at 10:17

yesterday we were copied in on the letter from UCLH to my OH's urologist regarding his upcoming RLP

The letter says (and I quote):

"Thank you for referring Mr M. We had a full and involved discussion with Ian, his partner today, about what is involved.." etc etc

HIS PARTNER IAN???? I am fairly petite with long blond hair!! If the consultant cannot determine my gender I don't feel that confident with his rummaging about inside my OH and taking bits out!!

And another thing, the letter completely misspelled both the first and surname of our urologist

I know these letters are probably done from a template but honestly, you'd think they would try to get things right. Heaven knows what our GP (also copied in) will think as he knows us both quite well - maybe he will think my OH has been keeping a big secret from him

User
Posted 02 Apr 2016 at 13:05

Probably being typed up by the Secretary from a Dictaphone message.

Flexi

User
Posted 02 Apr 2016 at 16:26

Oh dear! Doesn't instil a great deal of confidence does it?! I'd probably laugh and cry in equal measure at that one - unbelievable! The GP's in for a surprise!

User
Posted 02 Apr 2016 at 17:46
I had DEXA scan last November and my appointment letter was addressed to Mrs. ... I know I was having HT but...

I told a I lady I know who is a radiographer and works at the place where I was to have the scan, when I arrived for my appointment she came out and asked for

Mrs. ...!

You should have seen the faces of the others in the waiting area!

User
Posted 02 Apr 2016 at 17:48
BJS

I think it is very poor, you should be happy that the Secretary is not performing the operation!

Should you laugh or cry ...laugh every time life is just too short but you may want to take the letter with you to the next consult and show it to the man who dictated it,

xx

Mo

User
Posted 02 Apr 2016 at 18:04
B

Had a similar experience with a consultant and my insurance company was paying about £300 for the consultantation. Also according to my medical records I had rectal and colonic dilatations to treat urethral strictures. Glad the secretary wasn't doing those procedures.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 02 Apr 2016 at 18:34

I agree. Through all this, if we can keep some humour it makes it much more bearable 😕😕
ps I think I will change my name on here to Ian

User
Posted 02 Apr 2016 at 18:35

I agree. Through all this, if we can keep some humour it makes it much more bearable 😕😕

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 02 Apr 2016 at 13:05

Probably being typed up by the Secretary from a Dictaphone message.

Flexi

User
Posted 02 Apr 2016 at 16:26

Oh dear! Doesn't instil a great deal of confidence does it?! I'd probably laugh and cry in equal measure at that one - unbelievable! The GP's in for a surprise!

User
Posted 02 Apr 2016 at 17:46
I had DEXA scan last November and my appointment letter was addressed to Mrs. ... I know I was having HT but...

I told a I lady I know who is a radiographer and works at the place where I was to have the scan, when I arrived for my appointment she came out and asked for

Mrs. ...!

You should have seen the faces of the others in the waiting area!

User
Posted 02 Apr 2016 at 17:48
BJS

I think it is very poor, you should be happy that the Secretary is not performing the operation!

Should you laugh or cry ...laugh every time life is just too short but you may want to take the letter with you to the next consult and show it to the man who dictated it,

xx

Mo

User
Posted 02 Apr 2016 at 18:04
B

Had a similar experience with a consultant and my insurance company was paying about £300 for the consultantation. Also according to my medical records I had rectal and colonic dilatations to treat urethral strictures. Glad the secretary wasn't doing those procedures.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 02 Apr 2016 at 18:34

User
Posted 02 Apr 2016 at 18:35

User
Posted 02 Apr 2016 at 20:36

It's not the person who wields the pen, taps the keys on the keyboard, you need to worry about. Worry about the person who wields the scalpel. Or who operates the Robot.

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 02 Apr 2016 at 20:38

It's not the person who wields the pen, taps the keys on the keyboard, you need to worry about. Worry about the person who wields the scalpel. Or who operates the Robot.

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.