Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Salvage HDR Brachytherapy

User
Posted 08 Apr 2016 at 12:05

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to share my good news, my latest PSA is 0.1, well within the target 0.4 given to me by my Consultant, I saw him today and he is very happy with progress.

To save you wading through my profile the basic story is as follows:

I was first diagnosed in 2007 (G9,T3, N?, M0) and had EBRT in 2008-09, together with a total of 3 years HT 2007-10, PSA was initially fine but started doubling in 2013.

In 2014-15 I was considered a suitable candidate for HDR Brachytherapy as 'salvage treatment' and had that in Feb 2015, I finished 2 years of HT last November.  So this months PSA test is the first I have had post HT.

I had been set a target of 0.4.  I queried this with Consultant today, asking what the target was in a year or two's time?  He said that because HDR Brachytherapy is a new form of treatment, they have so few patients experience to build sound guidelines, so they are basically guessing what final target PSA should be, but 0.1 after 4 months off the HT suggests there isn't much if any cancer left.

So for those of you whose conventional RT seems to have failed, I recommend this salvage treatment, I am not out of the woods yet, but the early signs are promissing.

:)Dave

User
Posted 08 Apr 2016 at 12:05

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to share my good news, my latest PSA is 0.1, well within the target 0.4 given to me by my Consultant, I saw him today and he is very happy with progress.

To save you wading through my profile the basic story is as follows:

I was first diagnosed in 2007 (G9,T3, N?, M0) and had EBRT in 2008-09, together with a total of 3 years HT 2007-10, PSA was initially fine but started doubling in 2013.

In 2014-15 I was considered a suitable candidate for HDR Brachytherapy as 'salvage treatment' and had that in Feb 2015, I finished 2 years of HT last November.  So this months PSA test is the first I have had post HT.

I had been set a target of 0.4.  I queried this with Consultant today, asking what the target was in a year or two's time?  He said that because HDR Brachytherapy is a new form of treatment, they have so few patients experience to build sound guidelines, so they are basically guessing what final target PSA should be, but 0.1 after 4 months off the HT suggests there isn't much if any cancer left.

So for those of you whose conventional RT seems to have failed, I recommend this salvage treatment, I am not out of the woods yet, but the early signs are promissing.

:)Dave

User
Posted 08 Apr 2016 at 13:38

Very good news Dave I am pleased for you, keep those scores on the doors low!

Regards Chris/ Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 08 Apr 2016 at 13:51
Thanks for this news. I'm really pleased for you that you have such a low score. It gives me hope if I need to go down the same route as you route having stuck at 0.2 for the last 2 Psa tests , so having this info is great. ( yes Chris I'm aware of our respective scores !)

Best regards,

John

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 08 Apr 2016 at 12:31
Hi Dave,

Great News to cheer us up for the weekend!

Enjoy.

Steve

User
Posted 08 Apr 2016 at 12:53

Hi Dave,

Very pleased about your latest news. Hopefully the salvage HD Brachy will have killed off the cancer completely but at the very least has caused it a severe set back that should give you more time.

Barry
User
Posted 08 Apr 2016 at 13:38

Very good news Dave I am pleased for you, keep those scores on the doors low!

Regards Chris/ Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 08 Apr 2016 at 13:39

Good news Dave.

I am due to have HDR Brachy. in August. Any info or tips would be most appreciated

User
Posted 08 Apr 2016 at 13:43
It's always good to hear good news Dave. Well done

Arthur

User
Posted 08 Apr 2016 at 13:51
Thanks for this news. I'm really pleased for you that you have such a low score. It gives me hope if I need to go down the same route as you route having stuck at 0.2 for the last 2 Psa tests , so having this info is great. ( yes Chris I'm aware of our respective scores !)

Best regards,

John

User
Posted 08 Apr 2016 at 14:22

Dave , I'm stoked for you seriously. Top fella -- Top result
Celebrate with whatever you want , if you aren't already
Chris

User
Posted 08 Apr 2016 at 19:56

Dave 

Really pleased for youhttp://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif,I may well try to go down that road if required.

Barry

User
Posted 08 Apr 2016 at 20:31
Hi Dave great news hope you are celebrating with a drink or two.
User
Posted 11 Apr 2016 at 18:55

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the nice messages of support.

I am just back home after a weekend with my wife in Torquay.

Trecks in the wind and rain on the moors followed by a £9 carvery dinner, who says I don't know how to treat a lady!

:)

Dave

User
Posted 11 Apr 2016 at 21:35

Fantastic news Dave
Can't get much better than that 😀