Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Gentle Steer

User
Posted 13 Apr 2016 at 08:01

Morning;

MY OH had his TRUS biopsy yesterday and we were told following the MRI scan (which we had 4 weeks ago) that there was a definite tumour (PSA 5.8 no symptoms  age 61) and likely to be aggressive and a "spot" they were unsure about on his pubis bone.

Many sleepless nights later we go for the Biopsy and the Consultant says the OH has a prostate size of 15cc and bearing in mind his PSA was 5.8 thats not good???? Is he preparing us for bad news?

Still don't know about the "spot" so we have asked again.

Appointment for Gleason scores on the 26th April (2 days before our Anniversary…)

Any advice/experience/knowledge you can give me to equip me a bit better?

Thanks as ever

best wishes

Jen

User
Posted 13 Apr 2016 at 20:25

Hi Jenny yes the waiting is the worst thing, it seems to take forever, bit like waiting for a kettle to boil.

My situation is very similar to John's, my PSA was 63 with only symptoms being frequent weeing at night 8/10 times was normal, I had MRI and bone scan before having a template biopsy. My RT ended Nov last year and now got ten months HT left to do, everything with the treatment has gone according to plan and in Jan my PSA was down to 0.01 and officially undetectable.
My trips to the loo at night have got better with 3/4 times being the normal.

Let's hope things go well for your OH as well.

Best wishes Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 13 Apr 2016 at 23:22

Superb post Thistledubh x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 13 Apr 2016 at 10:44

hi jenny
all I can tell you is we have all been their, the waiting for results is mind blowing, and with this PCa even if someone has the identical PSA score it doesn't follow you will have the same symptoms
your DR is telling you how it is rather than trying to hide anything, sometimes people do not want to know until all results are in
I was told originally that mine was none aggressive that was soon changed, I know its easy to say but until you have all the info its just guess work
I would have thought they may have mentioned a bone scan, if not ask
2 weeks after biopsy is the normal time for results
strange how hospitals do tests, I had biopsy before scans, and I think some do not do biopsy if scans are done first, may be wrong on this but no doubt someone will confirm
have you got your Toolkit off the site

regards
nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 13 Apr 2016 at 11:01

Thanks nidge - yes got the toolkit.
We can but wait and I appreciate your comments.

Best wishes

jen

User
Posted 13 Apr 2016 at 11:35
Hello,

I too had no obvious symptoms but a Psa score of 33.5. I had the Mri scan first and then the biopsy. The results were made known to us about 3 weeks later. We had some sleepless nights and endless discussions regarding what might happen next. All will become clear to you both in due course but at this moment it's natural to be concerned. However we've all been there and I feel for you . Now I'm 15 months post RT but still on HT. You will eventually become accustomed to life with PCa.

Hopefully you'll have good support from your med team and of course from this site as well.

Wishing you both well,

John

User
Posted 13 Apr 2016 at 11:43

Thanks John - I am hoping things get better as time goes on.
Thank for your reply.

best wishes

Jen

User
Posted 13 Apr 2016 at 20:25

Hi Jenny yes the waiting is the worst thing, it seems to take forever, bit like waiting for a kettle to boil.

My situation is very similar to John's, my PSA was 63 with only symptoms being frequent weeing at night 8/10 times was normal, I had MRI and bone scan before having a template biopsy. My RT ended Nov last year and now got ten months HT left to do, everything with the treatment has gone according to plan and in Jan my PSA was down to 0.01 and officially undetectable.
My trips to the loo at night have got better with 3/4 times being the normal.

Let's hope things go well for your OH as well.

Best wishes Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 13 Apr 2016 at 23:22

Superb post Thistledubh x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard