I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
<12

Well I did it , in your own way so can you!

User
Posted 27 Nov 2016 at 22:31

Enjoy today indeed - especially the warm bath and footsoak perhaps :-)

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 28 Nov 2016 at 20:55
Well done for Sunday Kev. Very impressive !
User
Posted 28 Nov 2016 at 21:50
Kev you take my breath away , what can I say . you are one in a million.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 05 Feb 2017 at 17:40
Hi all,

It has saddened me to read too many new posts here over the last 10 days of relatively young men with advanced and/or aggressive prostate cancer.

I just wanted to reassure those men that it's not all over and tha you must keep "living" your life to the full. I continue to get out there 28 months after a T4N1M1a diagnosis.

I have just got back from a 66 mile running race, all off road, over 3,000 metres of climb , yes it took me 16 odd hours but I loved the race and just being out there and able to compete reminds me of why I must do what I can to stay well. Please take hope that life is not over when you get a rubbish diagnosis. Whilst at the mid point break in the race I also presented to 130 people last night about the risks of prostate cancer so hopefully did some good too. We all have so much to give.

Never give up friends.

Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 05 Feb 2017 at 17:54

Irun, you are a star and will continue to be a shining light to others for a long time yet, I think.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 05 Feb 2017 at 18:03

Another brilliant run Kev - well done !

User
Posted 05 Feb 2017 at 18:14

You are such an inspiration ,when I first joined this forum you were one of the first to advise and reassure us ,
Thankyou for all your updates
Debby

User
Posted 05 Feb 2017 at 18:33

Hi Kev
So proud of you and the work you do. I couldn't even run to the corner shop I'm afraid. I can't blame that on the cancer , and I'm only 49 and twelve stone. I blame it on 30 years of hard labour tbh. You are an inspiration defying all the odds.

User
Posted 05 Feb 2017 at 19:42

Respect.

Are you sure you're not from Essex? A little place about 1 mile due south from Ilford perhaps? http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif

User
Posted 05 Feb 2017 at 20:31
Nice try, actually I am from about 5 miles North North West of Hastings, I just hope everyone on this site is too!

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 05 Feb 2017 at 22:10

Ha ha!

Indeed we are.

User
Posted 06 Feb 2017 at 09:52

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
Nice try, actually I am from about 5 miles North North West of Hastings, I just hope everyone on this site is too!

He's telling fibs ColU, he's definitely from down Essex way  http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails