I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
12>

Well I did it , in your own way so can you!

User
Posted 19 Apr 2016 at 21:27
Hi All

First a brief intro to me for those newer to the site. Diagnosed October 2014 PSA 342 Gleason 9 T4N1M1a aged 49. Chemo q1 2015, RT q2 2015, abiriterone Feb 2016.

I have just returned from running the "Marathon Des sables " ultramarathon in Morocco. 257 kilometres, 6 days, carrying 25lb on my back, only water given otherwise fully self supporting, 40c+ every day, sleeping effectively under the stars, endless sand , dunes and mountains to deal with.

I am an ordinary guy with this grim disease statistically I have less tan 3 years to live but I have never given up. Despite all the rubbish this disease brings me I have fought on, completed the "toughest foot race on earth"" visited the highest highs and lowest lows on the race but come through it believing until the grim reaper actually makes contact I can do whatever I tell myself I can. Just about everyone thought I was mad but I defied them all. I came 568 out of over 1100. Over 120 dropped out, I beat many fitter, younger men than me but I won through because I never gave up. I have also raised over £12k for this charity this year and over £35k in the last 2 years.

This post is not about look at me but about look at you. Please do not give up until you have to, if you have a dream chase it, defy the doctors, your friends and all the doubters out there. One day they may be right but words and "feeling rough" will not stop you ......... Unless you let it.

I feel more alive today than ever, I have plans for another big race, maybe this one again next year , I may or may not make it but I will not let that dream be thwarted unless I have no option.

I wish everyone with this disease to fight as hard as you can and whilst fighting live all you can for you and those around you.

Sermon over, never say die.

Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 19 Apr 2016 at 21:27
Hi All

First a brief intro to me for those newer to the site. Diagnosed October 2014 PSA 342 Gleason 9 T4N1M1a aged 49. Chemo q1 2015, RT q2 2015, abiriterone Feb 2016.

I have just returned from running the "Marathon Des sables " ultramarathon in Morocco. 257 kilometres, 6 days, carrying 25lb on my back, only water given otherwise fully self supporting, 40c+ every day, sleeping effectively under the stars, endless sand , dunes and mountains to deal with.

I am an ordinary guy with this grim disease statistically I have less tan 3 years to live but I have never given up. Despite all the rubbish this disease brings me I have fought on, completed the "toughest foot race on earth"" visited the highest highs and lowest lows on the race but come through it believing until the grim reaper actually makes contact I can do whatever I tell myself I can. Just about everyone thought I was mad but I defied them all. I came 568 out of over 1100. Over 120 dropped out, I beat many fitter, younger men than me but I won through because I never gave up. I have also raised over £12k for this charity this year and over £35k in the last 2 years.

This post is not about look at me but about look at you. Please do not give up until you have to, if you have a dream chase it, defy the doctors, your friends and all the doubters out there. One day they may be right but words and "feeling rough" will not stop you ......... Unless you let it.

I feel more alive today than ever, I have plans for another big race, maybe this one again next year , I may or may not make it but I will not let that dream be thwarted unless I have no option.

I wish everyone with this disease to fight as hard as you can and whilst fighting live all you can for you and those around you.

Sermon over, never say die.

Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 20 Aug 2016 at 18:49
In case you are newly diagnosed and think it's the end I just wanted to say I ran a lovely 33 mile hilly race today off road around Andover, 6 hours 45 minutes, as ever felt rough when I woke up but getting out there allways makes me feel totally normal, I do recommend it to anyone able to get out there , even just for a walk. As ever beat lots of much younger and fitter people through determination to never give up, something that I will never do. Life can carry on as normal even after 21 months of a rubbish prognosis.

Kev

User
Posted 05 Feb 2017 at 17:40
Hi all,

It has saddened me to read too many new posts here over the last 10 days of relatively young men with advanced and/or aggressive prostate cancer.

I just wanted to reassure those men that it's not all over and tha you must keep "living" your life to the full. I continue to get out there 28 months after a T4N1M1a diagnosis.

I have just got back from a 66 mile running race, all off road, over 3,000 metres of climb , yes it took me 16 odd hours but I loved the race and just being out there and able to compete reminds me of why I must do what I can to stay well. Please take hope that life is not over when you get a rubbish diagnosis. Whilst at the mid point break in the race I also presented to 130 people last night about the risks of prostate cancer so hopefully did some good too. We all have so much to give.

Never give up friends.

Kev

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 20:58
I was asked for my just giving link, here it is but please only do something if you can really afford to.

https://www.justgiving.com/Kevin-Webber4

Thank you all for your responses but I am no stronger than any of you but just gave myself an opportunity to prove I could do anything. Even if all you can manage is to get out and walk to the shops please do it as whilst we are here life is for living.

Kev

User
Posted 17 Jul 2016 at 17:40
I have mixed feelings typing this as I have been away running this weekend and have returned to read so many sad posts bringing tears to my eyes about just how cruel this disease is.

However I was encouraged by another member the other week to post good things here too despite all of the terrible experiences of others to bring enocouragement to others about not giving up until you have no option.

My current position is that I have been on Abirateone since January which seems to be doing its stuff although I await the results of my latest PSA test which I get on Wednesday, fingers crossed.

So today's post is to encourage those who are able to push themselves, I have just completed a 100k ( or 62 mile in old money) off road running race along the ridgeway. It took me just over 13 hours which is an hour faster than last year despite the last 12 months of zoladex and abiriterone so it goes to show there are times with this disease when it really is up to you ( there are of course sadly times when it is not) and I would encourage those newly diagnosed to not give up on anything just because of a rubbish diagnosis, I was diagnosed 20 months ago PSA 342, Gleason 9, T4n1m1a. I have spoken with several oncologists and urologists recently who can not believe how much I have run since diagnosis however we came to a conclusion that it was not I who is special but others who give up so please never give up until the large lady is belting it out.

I have loads of more adventurous running challenges planned and I know at some stage I may have to cancel them indefinitely but for now I am living as much as I can

Thanks for reading

Kev

User
Posted 20 Jul 2016 at 21:30
So results of PSA test today, down to 0.28 which is the lowest it has been from the heady heights of 342 20 months ago on diagnosis. A celebratory beer in order me thinks. Next test 2 months, lots of running to be done before then :-) . Never give up my friends.

Kev

User
Posted 21 Jul 2016 at 17:32

Kevin,

CONGRATULATIONS on your stunning PSA result. You really do deserve a big celebration after finally seeing that tiny figure.

I just love to see the odds being defied and 'terminal' prognoses proved WRONG. You're becoming very adept at that.http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif 

As always, you are a huge inspiration to us all. THANK YOU.

George

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 02:39
Hi Kev,

Welcome home.

So pleased you completed the race. I knew you wouldn't give up. You are an inspiration to us all.

Thank you for showing us that anything is possible if we set our mind to it.

Steve

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 05:13

morning kev
welcome home, that is one awesome event you have completed I sit here and just think wow, the heat alone would see me off, you makes us all proud just to be in contact via this page, you are as they say with the London marathon, ONE IN A MILLION

regards and my utter admiration
nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 06:18

You're no ordinary guy Kev. That's simply fantastic and an inspiration to us all. Well done.
Chris

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 06:35

Fantastic achievement Kev
Plus raising all that money to fight this disease

You will definitely be an inspiration to an awful lot of people

Garry

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 06:55
Brilliant Kevin, just amazing what you have done physically, mentally and last but not least for PCUK.

Arthur

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 07:07

Not mad, CRAZY!

Well done.

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 07:22
Kevin, another inspirational post from you. Makes my efforts to keep going seem very tame by comparism.

Wishing you well

John

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 07:57

Kev
Awesome just awesome.
You truly are an inspiration to us all.
Very well done.

Paul

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 09:20

Kev, what can I say? A mere mortal but so impressed with what you have done and what you are doing. I am always positive about life and will not let the poxy disease get control of me but I also know that I will not do anything near the amazing feat that you have achieved but will be influenced by your words.

Keep on keeping on Kev

Regards Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 09:24

Well done, Kev!
Inspires me to push on and get back to running a.s.a.p.
Thanks,
Henry

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 10:11

Well done Kev! An absolutely brilliant effort. Know where you are coming from. My husband on year 4 of a two year prognosis. He wonders why his onco rolls his eyes when he says he is going to Oz in November!!

Max

"You can only play the hand you're dealt"

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 10:23

Much respect to you Kev.

What a great achievement and an inspiration to many.

Luther

PS. I've never met you and probably never will, but I wouldn't describe you as ' an ordinary guy' by any means.... http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif 

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 11:19

Brilliant Irun, simply briliant x

John climbed Kilimanjaro in between RP and RT - not everyone completed it and three guys in a different group died. Not everyone in the family was happy about it but I knew he would be okay. As you say, sheer grit & determination can make the impossible possible.

Put your justgiving link up again please x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 12:25
Much respect. Awesome achievement!

Glen

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 16:12

Glad you got back safely and sound in such good spirits. Must have been an unbelievable experience.

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 18:16

Kev and everyone,

This is a tribute to the power of positive thinking. We can't all do what Kev did, but we can find our own mountains to climb or targets to reach. Well done, Kev - and keep preaching!

AC in Northants

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 21:17

Thanks x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 21 Apr 2016 at 07:31
Kev

Delighted you are home safe.

As others have said not mad, completely bonkers. You were watched by many and I never doubted for one moment you would do this. I think your wife did an awesome job keeping us all updated despite some technical hitches. Your dance made me chuckle.

Xx

Mo

User
Posted 17 Jul 2016 at 17:42

Great post Kev....attitude counts for a lot fighting this insidious disease

User
Posted 17 Jul 2016 at 18:11

Kev with an attitude like yours you deserve to be around for the next forty years but anything is better than nothing and flipping heck you are taking life by the horns and riding it.

Long may it continue and I hope your PSA result is a good one

Keep at it strong minded person! Regards Chris/Woody

User
Posted 17 Jul 2016 at 18:46

Well done Kev.

What an inspiration !

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 17 Jul 2016 at 18:47
Hi kev

Truly truly amazing and thank you for posting such an inspirational post. Long may you continue loving life.

Lesley x

User
Posted 17 Jul 2016 at 18:58

The power of positive thinking. We all have it, but in some it is locked away from ready use. It does make a difference and if we survivors can banish negative thoughts and go for out goals despite this damned disease, then maybe the medics and their doom-laden Partin table thinking will rethink their approach. Well, done, keV.

User
Posted 17 Jul 2016 at 21:04

Well Said Kev,

I will bet when the Grim Reaper smiles on you, you will smile back and walk away!!!!!!!

Barry

Edited by member 17 Jul 2016 at 21:06  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 17 Jul 2016 at 21:43
Kevin,

I believe that the more we do each day, the better we will feel about ourselves, whatever treatment we are enduring ,is part of coping with this disease.

But your achievements are just amazing and inspiring.

Thanks for sharing your post with us.

John ( who re-stained his 2 sheds today, having put this task off for several months and was mighty pleased with himself for completing this today).

User
Posted 17 Jul 2016 at 21:51
Kev

You are an inspiration. What a bloke! Well done and here's to many more runs.

Love

Devonmaid

Edited by member 17 Jul 2016 at 21:51  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 17 Jul 2016 at 22:38
Amazing, well done Kevin. Keep on running...

All the best,

Arthur

User
Posted 17 Jul 2016 at 22:57

Hi Kev,

Congratulations, once again for another great achievement.

You are a hero to me and many others on this site for your courage and determination in everything you do and every challenge you take on.

You help so many others here.  Thanks Kev.

Steve

User
Posted 18 Jul 2016 at 06:26

Amazing stuff Kev. What an inspiration you are!

User
Posted 19 Jul 2016 at 17:25

Kev
As usual you post at the right time for me ie when I'm waning and needing encouragement.
I'm suffering the fatigue and breathlessness from 20 months on HT and Enzalutamide and have reduced my running to spasmodic 4 miles if I'm lucky.
Having read your post I'm going to get out there again and try and get back to my distances.
Thanks so much and I wish you well with your many challenges.

Paul

User
Posted 20 Jul 2016 at 21:42
Kev,

Great news - enjoy that beer !

John

User
Posted 20 Jul 2016 at 22:19
What a result! Brilliant!

Arthur

User
Posted 20 Jul 2016 at 22:39

Great results Kev... will raise a beer for you tomorrow mate

Bri

User
Posted 20 Jul 2016 at 23:23
Hi Kev,

Great PSA result. Well done.

Steve

User
Posted 20 Jul 2016 at 23:35

That's fantastic news for you !! And encouraging for others

Viv X

The only time you should look back is to see how far you have come
User
Posted 21 Jul 2016 at 22:20
Hi Kev

Just wanted to say thank you so much for your encouraging post! My OH has been a bit down today with the thought of chemo tomorrow but I have just read him your words and he has cheered up immensely!

Well done , keep up the running!

Debbie x

User
Posted 21 Jul 2016 at 23:41

Kev, so pleased for you - and I love your tenacity. Stay well x

User
Posted 22 Jul 2016 at 06:38

Your latest results prove the old (and probably cliched) saying "There's light at the end of the tunnel"

342 down to 0.28. must be so encouraging for those facing treatment.

A lot of us would accept that treatment doesn't always work but with your example in front of us (and those others who also have horrendously high scores and get on with life) we know it is possible.

You must be strong willed ( uummm - Stubborn?)

User
Posted 22 Jul 2016 at 17:42

Brilliant news Kev.
It's great to follow your good news.
All the best for your next runs
Paul

User
Posted 23 Jul 2016 at 00:33
WOW Kev so so thrilled for you to say you are a inspiration is I think an understatement you are one heck of a guy . So very pleased for you , you have not taken any of this lying down and have given so much support to others with your running and comments on the forum . Those results are fantastic 🎉

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 20 Aug 2016 at 22:11

Good on you Kev, well done. There are so many things to do in this life so don't waste a second, fill it with memories and worthwhile happenings

Cheers, Chris/Woody

User
Posted 20 Aug 2016 at 22:41
Well Done, Kev.

Another amazing effort today. Hope you didn't get too wet in the showers.

Wish I could do the same, really trying, but my legs really ache even walking a few hundred yards. Can't understand why, considering I could run at the start of the year. I will do it again.

Steve

Edited by member 21 Aug 2016 at 01:12  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 27 Nov 2016 at 21:44
Well started my first race of my 1,000 mile challenge today. Just the 30 miles to be getting on with. I have a sore hip at the moment but nothing cocodamol and will power can't sort however walked most if it as hip was very sore so it took me over 8 hours off road but I finished which is what counts. I post this so others will see what can still be done 2 years on from a rubbish diagnosis. I ran/walked with a lovely guy today who I have never met before, Andy, he lost his wife to cancer 8 years ago, clearly still missing his soul mate but won't let that stop him living every day the best he can. He also generously added to my fund raising which now including gift aid means that I have broken the £50k mark in the last two years, so humbled and happy for the hard working people at PCUK who tirelessly try to make the future better for us all.

Next race January, 48 miles , hopefully hip will be sorted by then.

Remember, you can't change yesterday, tomorrow may never happen so enjoy today!

Kev

User
Posted 27 Nov 2016 at 22:08

That's incredible well done 50K! I thought I had done well sending all my excess phone credits to PCUK when the carrier dropped out of the market.
You are seriously impressive :-)
Good luck,
Nigel

User
Posted 27 Nov 2016 at 22:31

Enjoy today indeed - especially the warm bath and footsoak perhaps :-)

User
Posted 28 Nov 2016 at 20:55
Well done for Sunday Kev. Very impressive !
User
Posted 28 Nov 2016 at 21:50
Kev you take my breath away , what can I say . you are one in a million.

BFN

Julie X

User
Posted 05 Feb 2017 at 17:54

Irun, you are a star and will continue to be a shining light to others for a long time yet, I think.

User
Posted 05 Feb 2017 at 18:03

Another brilliant run Kev - well done !

User
Posted 05 Feb 2017 at 18:14

You are such an inspiration ,when I first joined this forum you were one of the first to advise and reassure us ,
Thankyou for all your updates
Debby

User
Posted 05 Feb 2017 at 18:33

Hi Kev
So proud of you and the work you do. I couldn't even run to the corner shop I'm afraid. I can't blame that on the cancer , and I'm only 49 and twelve stone. I blame it on 30 years of hard labour tbh. You are an inspiration defying all the odds.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 02:39
Hi Kev,

Welcome home.

So pleased you completed the race. I knew you wouldn't give up. You are an inspiration to us all.

Thank you for showing us that anything is possible if we set our mind to it.

Steve

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 05:13

morning kev
welcome home, that is one awesome event you have completed I sit here and just think wow, the heat alone would see me off, you makes us all proud just to be in contact via this page, you are as they say with the London marathon, ONE IN A MILLION

regards and my utter admiration
nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 06:18

You're no ordinary guy Kev. That's simply fantastic and an inspiration to us all. Well done.
Chris

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 06:35

Fantastic achievement Kev
Plus raising all that money to fight this disease

You will definitely be an inspiration to an awful lot of people

Garry

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 06:55
Brilliant Kevin, just amazing what you have done physically, mentally and last but not least for PCUK.

Arthur

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 07:07

Not mad, CRAZY!

Well done.

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 07:22
Kevin, another inspirational post from you. Makes my efforts to keep going seem very tame by comparism.

Wishing you well

John

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 07:57

Kev
Awesome just awesome.
You truly are an inspiration to us all.
Very well done.

Paul

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 09:20

Kev, what can I say? A mere mortal but so impressed with what you have done and what you are doing. I am always positive about life and will not let the poxy disease get control of me but I also know that I will not do anything near the amazing feat that you have achieved but will be influenced by your words.

Keep on keeping on Kev

Regards Chris/Woody

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 09:24

Well done, Kev!
Inspires me to push on and get back to running a.s.a.p.
Thanks,
Henry

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 10:11

Well done Kev! An absolutely brilliant effort. Know where you are coming from. My husband on year 4 of a two year prognosis. He wonders why his onco rolls his eyes when he says he is going to Oz in November!!

Max

"You can only play the hand you're dealt"

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 10:23

Much respect to you Kev.

What a great achievement and an inspiration to many.

Luther

PS. I've never met you and probably never will, but I wouldn't describe you as ' an ordinary guy' by any means.... http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif 

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 11:19

Brilliant Irun, simply briliant x

John climbed Kilimanjaro in between RP and RT - not everyone completed it and three guys in a different group died. Not everyone in the family was happy about it but I knew he would be okay. As you say, sheer grit & determination can make the impossible possible.

Put your justgiving link up again please x

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 12:25
Much respect. Awesome achievement!

Glen

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 16:12

Glad you got back safely and sound in such good spirits. Must have been an unbelievable experience.

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 18:16

Kev and everyone,

This is a tribute to the power of positive thinking. We can't all do what Kev did, but we can find our own mountains to climb or targets to reach. Well done, Kev - and keep preaching!

AC in Northants

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 20:58
I was asked for my just giving link, here it is but please only do something if you can really afford to.

https://www.justgiving.com/Kevin-Webber4

Thank you all for your responses but I am no stronger than any of you but just gave myself an opportunity to prove I could do anything. Even if all you can manage is to get out and walk to the shops please do it as whilst we are here life is for living.

Kev

User
Posted 20 Apr 2016 at 21:17

Thanks x

User
Posted 21 Apr 2016 at 07:31
Kev

Delighted you are home safe.

As others have said not mad, completely bonkers. You were watched by many and I never doubted for one moment you would do this. I think your wife did an awesome job keeping us all updated despite some technical hitches. Your dance made me chuckle.

Xx

Mo

User
Posted 17 Jul 2016 at 17:40
I have mixed feelings typing this as I have been away running this weekend and have returned to read so many sad posts bringing tears to my eyes about just how cruel this disease is.

However I was encouraged by another member the other week to post good things here too despite all of the terrible experiences of others to bring enocouragement to others about not giving up until you have no option.

My current position is that I have been on Abirateone since January which seems to be doing its stuff although I await the results of my latest PSA test which I get on Wednesday, fingers crossed.

So today's post is to encourage those who are able to push themselves, I have just completed a 100k ( or 62 mile in old money) off road running race along the ridgeway. It took me just over 13 hours which is an hour faster than last year despite the last 12 months of zoladex and abiriterone so it goes to show there are times with this disease when it really is up to you ( there are of course sadly times when it is not) and I would encourage those newly diagnosed to not give up on anything just because of a rubbish diagnosis, I was diagnosed 20 months ago PSA 342, Gleason 9, T4n1m1a. I have spoken with several oncologists and urologists recently who can not believe how much I have run since diagnosis however we came to a conclusion that it was not I who is special but others who give up so please never give up until the large lady is belting it out.

I have loads of more adventurous running challenges planned and I know at some stage I may have to cancel them indefinitely but for now I am living as much as I can

Thanks for reading

Kev

User
Posted 17 Jul 2016 at 17:42

Great post Kev....attitude counts for a lot fighting this insidious disease

User
Posted 17 Jul 2016 at 18:11

Kev with an attitude like yours you deserve to be around for the next forty years but anything is better than nothing and flipping heck you are taking life by the horns and riding it.

Long may it continue and I hope your PSA result is a good one

Keep at it strong minded person! Regards Chris/Woody

User
Posted 17 Jul 2016 at 18:46

Well done Kev.

What an inspiration !

User
Posted 17 Jul 2016 at 18:47
Hi kev

Truly truly amazing and thank you for posting such an inspirational post. Long may you continue loving life.

Lesley x

User
Posted 17 Jul 2016 at 18:58

The power of positive thinking. We all have it, but in some it is locked away from ready use. It does make a difference and if we survivors can banish negative thoughts and go for out goals despite this damned disease, then maybe the medics and their doom-laden Partin table thinking will rethink their approach. Well, done, keV.

User
Posted 17 Jul 2016 at 21:04

Well Said Kev,

I will bet when the Grim Reaper smiles on you, you will smile back and walk away!!!!!!!

Barry

Edited by member 17 Jul 2016 at 21:06  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 17 Jul 2016 at 21:43
Kevin,

I believe that the more we do each day, the better we will feel about ourselves, whatever treatment we are enduring ,is part of coping with this disease.

But your achievements are just amazing and inspiring.

Thanks for sharing your post with us.

John ( who re-stained his 2 sheds today, having put this task off for several months and was mighty pleased with himself for completing this today).

User
Posted 17 Jul 2016 at 21:51
Kev

You are an inspiration. What a bloke! Well done and here's to many more runs.

Love

Devonmaid

Edited by member 17 Jul 2016 at 21:51  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 17 Jul 2016 at 22:38
Amazing, well done Kevin. Keep on running...

All the best,

Arthur

User
Posted 17 Jul 2016 at 22:57

Hi Kev,

Congratulations, once again for another great achievement.

You are a hero to me and many others on this site for your courage and determination in everything you do and every challenge you take on.

You help so many others here.  Thanks Kev.

Steve

User
Posted 18 Jul 2016 at 06:26

Amazing stuff Kev. What an inspiration you are!

User
Posted 19 Jul 2016 at 17:25

Kev
As usual you post at the right time for me ie when I'm waning and needing encouragement.
I'm suffering the fatigue and breathlessness from 20 months on HT and Enzalutamide and have reduced my running to spasmodic 4 miles if I'm lucky.
Having read your post I'm going to get out there again and try and get back to my distances.
Thanks so much and I wish you well with your many challenges.

Paul

User
Posted 20 Jul 2016 at 21:30
So results of PSA test today, down to 0.28 which is the lowest it has been from the heady heights of 342 20 months ago on diagnosis. A celebratory beer in order me thinks. Next test 2 months, lots of running to be done before then :-) . Never give up my friends.

Kev

User
Posted 20 Jul 2016 at 21:42
Kev,

Great news - enjoy that beer !

John

User
Posted 20 Jul 2016 at 22:19
What a result! Brilliant!

Arthur

User
Posted 20 Jul 2016 at 22:39

Great results Kev... will raise a beer for you tomorrow mate

Bri

User
Posted 20 Jul 2016 at 23:23
Hi Kev,

Great PSA result. Well done.

Steve

User
Posted 20 Jul 2016 at 23:35

That's fantastic news for you !! And encouraging for others

Viv X

The only time you should look back is to see how far you have come
User
Posted 21 Jul 2016 at 17:32

Kevin,

CONGRATULATIONS on your stunning PSA result. You really do deserve a big celebration after finally seeing that tiny figure.

I just love to see the odds being defied and 'terminal' prognoses proved WRONG. You're becoming very adept at that.http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif 

As always, you are a huge inspiration to us all. THANK YOU.

George

User
Posted 21 Jul 2016 at 22:20
Hi Kev

Just wanted to say thank you so much for your encouraging post! My OH has been a bit down today with the thought of chemo tomorrow but I have just read him your words and he has cheered up immensely!

Well done , keep up the running!

Debbie x

User
Posted 21 Jul 2016 at 23:41

Kev, so pleased for you - and I love your tenacity. Stay well x

User
Posted 22 Jul 2016 at 06:38

Your latest results prove the old (and probably cliched) saying "There's light at the end of the tunnel"

342 down to 0.28. must be so encouraging for those facing treatment.

A lot of us would accept that treatment doesn't always work but with your example in front of us (and those others who also have horrendously high scores and get on with life) we know it is possible.

You must be strong willed ( uummm - Stubborn?)

User
Posted 22 Jul 2016 at 17:42

Brilliant news Kev.
It's great to follow your good news.
All the best for your next runs
Paul

User
Posted 23 Jul 2016 at 00:33
WOW Kev so so thrilled for you to say you are a inspiration is I think an understatement you are one heck of a guy . So very pleased for you , you have not taken any of this lying down and have given so much support to others with your running and comments on the forum . Those results are fantastic 🎉

BFN

Julie X

User
Posted 20 Aug 2016 at 18:49
In case you are newly diagnosed and think it's the end I just wanted to say I ran a lovely 33 mile hilly race today off road around Andover, 6 hours 45 minutes, as ever felt rough when I woke up but getting out there allways makes me feel totally normal, I do recommend it to anyone able to get out there , even just for a walk. As ever beat lots of much younger and fitter people through determination to never give up, something that I will never do. Life can carry on as normal even after 21 months of a rubbish prognosis.

Kev

User
Posted 20 Aug 2016 at 22:11

Good on you Kev, well done. There are so many things to do in this life so don't waste a second, fill it with memories and worthwhile happenings

Cheers, Chris/Woody

User
Posted 20 Aug 2016 at 22:41
Well Done, Kev.

Another amazing effort today. Hope you didn't get too wet in the showers.

Wish I could do the same, really trying, but my legs really ache even walking a few hundred yards. Can't understand why, considering I could run at the start of the year. I will do it again.

Steve

Edited by member 21 Aug 2016 at 01:12  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 27 Nov 2016 at 21:44
Well started my first race of my 1,000 mile challenge today. Just the 30 miles to be getting on with. I have a sore hip at the moment but nothing cocodamol and will power can't sort however walked most if it as hip was very sore so it took me over 8 hours off road but I finished which is what counts. I post this so others will see what can still be done 2 years on from a rubbish diagnosis. I ran/walked with a lovely guy today who I have never met before, Andy, he lost his wife to cancer 8 years ago, clearly still missing his soul mate but won't let that stop him living every day the best he can. He also generously added to my fund raising which now including gift aid means that I have broken the £50k mark in the last two years, so humbled and happy for the hard working people at PCUK who tirelessly try to make the future better for us all.

Next race January, 48 miles , hopefully hip will be sorted by then.

Remember, you can't change yesterday, tomorrow may never happen so enjoy today!

Kev

User
Posted 27 Nov 2016 at 22:08

That's incredible well done 50K! I thought I had done well sending all my excess phone credits to PCUK when the carrier dropped out of the market.
You are seriously impressive :-)
Good luck,
Nigel