I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PSA result today

User
Posted 12 May 2016 at 17:22
Hi all just come back from hospital with after my appointment with the oncologist and am pleased to say that my PSA is still undetectable at 0.01

I am very pleased as it is as expected and it would have been a shock if it had gone up, I still have 9 month HT to go and think it will be under control and only time will tell if there will be a problem after the effects of HT has worn off and then we will see if there is any sign of the little PCa bleeder lurking.

Still on the Add Asprin trials and they are going well - nothing to report really

All in all I feel pretty good about things just difficult coping with the s/e's of HT but putting up with it and getting on with life

Cheers Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 12 May 2016 at 17:22
Hi all just come back from hospital with after my appointment with the oncologist and am pleased to say that my PSA is still undetectable at 0.01

I am very pleased as it is as expected and it would have been a shock if it had gone up, I still have 9 month HT to go and think it will be under control and only time will tell if there will be a problem after the effects of HT has worn off and then we will see if there is any sign of the little PCa bleeder lurking.

Still on the Add Asprin trials and they are going well - nothing to report really

All in all I feel pretty good about things just difficult coping with the s/e's of HT but putting up with it and getting on with life

Cheers Chris/Woody

User
Posted 12 May 2016 at 17:59
Chris , my best virtual mate,

I am really pleased for you that no increase in the Psa score was recorded for you. That's great news. If it had gone even lower then my target to achieve below 0.1 and eclipse your score might have been a challenge too far for me. Phew!

Well, you can relax a little more again. You other needs to attend to now - get pumping as soon as Mr Hampton allows you to !

Cheers,

John

User
Posted 12 May 2016 at 18:15

Chris.
Good result. Hope it gives you the comfort the aggro of HT is worth putting up with.

Ray

User
Posted 12 May 2016 at 18:32

Thanks Guys, I know it is maintaining the standard and cannot really get any better with PSA score and there are others out there that have been unsuccessful in their goal of decreasing so for that I feel for you. I know that there are others with not a good prognosis and I understand and feel for you too.

I feel "lucky" to be where I am with PCa but do not take it for granted and the purpose of posting for me is to give some hope to those that still have a long journey to travel with this disease. There are rays of sunshine interspersed with tough times even in the curable camp.

The next challenge for me now is to start the penile recovery and keep my nether regions in working order, so yes John I have to get pumping myself into good health.

Best wishes Chris/Woody

User
Posted 12 May 2016 at 18:33

By the way John I think I am your only virtual mate ?

Chris/Woody

User
Posted 12 May 2016 at 19:01

Really pleased for you Chris. Great result which is what you want , yet I realise even with a good result it is still some journey with worry , impotence and various other side-effects. We are all on the 'coaster and all our comments , results and outcomes are significant , whether happy or sad ! I'd be having something fizzy with a result like that. In fact as seen as I'm never going to get a result like that , I'll just have something fizzy anyway !
Chris

Edited by member 12 May 2016 at 19:01  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 12 May 2016 at 21:45
Great result again Chris, long may it continue

Arthur

User
Posted 12 May 2016 at 22:24
What can I say except Whoop Whoop way to go.😆

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 12 May 2016 at 22:59

Great news. Really encouraging for us all.

User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 01:42
Chris,

A great result for you.

Long may they continue. Makes all the hassle of HT worthwhile.

All the Best,

Steve

User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 07:30

Chris
Great results and long my they continue.

Paul

User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 13:58

Fantastic result Chris...

Good news indeed.

KRO

User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 18:15
PB

Great news, long may it continue.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 18:20

Pleased to see your news PB. Very glad for you

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 22:13
Great news Chris, so good to hear positive news

xx

Mo

User
Posted 15 May 2016 at 12:46
Really good news pb hope you celebrated 😊
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 12 May 2016 at 17:59
Chris , my best virtual mate,

I am really pleased for you that no increase in the Psa score was recorded for you. That's great news. If it had gone even lower then my target to achieve below 0.1 and eclipse your score might have been a challenge too far for me. Phew!

Well, you can relax a little more again. You other needs to attend to now - get pumping as soon as Mr Hampton allows you to !

Cheers,

John

User
Posted 12 May 2016 at 18:15

Chris.
Good result. Hope it gives you the comfort the aggro of HT is worth putting up with.

Ray

User
Posted 12 May 2016 at 18:32

Thanks Guys, I know it is maintaining the standard and cannot really get any better with PSA score and there are others out there that have been unsuccessful in their goal of decreasing so for that I feel for you. I know that there are others with not a good prognosis and I understand and feel for you too.

I feel "lucky" to be where I am with PCa but do not take it for granted and the purpose of posting for me is to give some hope to those that still have a long journey to travel with this disease. There are rays of sunshine interspersed with tough times even in the curable camp.

The next challenge for me now is to start the penile recovery and keep my nether regions in working order, so yes John I have to get pumping myself into good health.

Best wishes Chris/Woody

User
Posted 12 May 2016 at 18:33

By the way John I think I am your only virtual mate ?

Chris/Woody

User
Posted 12 May 2016 at 19:01

Really pleased for you Chris. Great result which is what you want , yet I realise even with a good result it is still some journey with worry , impotence and various other side-effects. We are all on the 'coaster and all our comments , results and outcomes are significant , whether happy or sad ! I'd be having something fizzy with a result like that. In fact as seen as I'm never going to get a result like that , I'll just have something fizzy anyway !
Chris

Edited by member 12 May 2016 at 19:01  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 12 May 2016 at 21:45
Great result again Chris, long may it continue

Arthur

User
Posted 12 May 2016 at 22:24
What can I say except Whoop Whoop way to go.😆

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 12 May 2016 at 22:59

Great news. Really encouraging for us all.

User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 01:42
Chris,

A great result for you.

Long may they continue. Makes all the hassle of HT worthwhile.

All the Best,

Steve

User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 07:30

Chris
Great results and long my they continue.

Paul

User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 13:58

Fantastic result Chris...

Good news indeed.

KRO

User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 18:15
PB

Great news, long may it continue.

Thanks Chris

User