I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Still good news

User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 17:22

Went for John's six monthly checkup at the Royal London yesterday and the Consultant is very pleased with his work, so pleased he has said we can reduce the appointments to annually. May 2017 already booked too.

PSA has remained at 0.2, bladder control is good and the Consultant was pleased with the flow and also the capacity of John's Bladder.

All other areas are much as before, so nothing changed there.

I see that Kennt posted in April, which I missed. It's interesting to compare both the results and the different consultant's attitudes to them. Ours was happy with the 0.2, warned us that it may "bounce" but not to worry about it as it will come back down again, and in any case, not every man gets it.

So, we continue as before with one less thing to worry about

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 17:22

Went for John's six monthly checkup at the Royal London yesterday and the Consultant is very pleased with his work, so pleased he has said we can reduce the appointments to annually. May 2017 already booked too.

PSA has remained at 0.2, bladder control is good and the Consultant was pleased with the flow and also the capacity of John's Bladder.

All other areas are much as before, so nothing changed there.

I see that Kennt posted in April, which I missed. It's interesting to compare both the results and the different consultant's attitudes to them. Ours was happy with the 0.2, warned us that it may "bounce" but not to worry about it as it will come back down again, and in any case, not every man gets it.

So, we continue as before with one less thing to worry about

User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 18:01

So glad to see you back Sandra , and to hear these great positive results which must make you both feel happy and lucky. You two are one of the successful happy cases and long may it continue. Thanks so much for your key help when I started out xx
Chris

User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 18:06

Great News Sandra

Was just looking for a reason to go out for tea and a pint, now i have it http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif

Si

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 18:10
S

Good to hear things are going well for you both and thanks for the support you give to fellow members, you ladies are a real asset to this forum.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 18:55
Hi Sandra

I am pleased to hear your good news and hope this continues.

I have missed you on the forum so it is good to hear from you again.

Best wishes.

User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 19:17

Hi Sandra,

Great to see you back again.  I've really missed you on the site.

I'm so pleased John had good results.  Long may it continue like that.  I'll have to buy a couple of cans to celebrate.

Time to settle back and enjoy the summer months.

Take care.

Steve x

User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 19:28

Isn't it good to have good news? Congratulations to you both it must be a weight of your mind being where you are, twelve months to enjoy and make memories.

Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 19:57
That's cracking news Sandra. Thrilled to bits for you both.

Lots of love

Devonmaid xxx

User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 21:44

Great news Sandra, celebration time!

Barry
User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 22:05
Sandra

briiliant news and so good to see you posting, you have been sadly missed

xx

Mo

User
Posted 14 May 2016 at 06:25
Sandra,

It's great news for you both. And like the others have said ,its good to have you back with us.

John

User
Posted 14 May 2016 at 07:26

hi Sandra
goods news for you both and all on here

regards
nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 14 May 2016 at 08:19
Great news and and annual appointment as well!

Well done

Best wishes

Arthur

User
Posted 14 May 2016 at 08:49
Lovely news Sandra, this forum has ups and downs on news and yours is an up news.🙃

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 14 May 2016 at 09:11
Great news for you. My other half saw his consultant in April and we also got told to come back yearly. (Psa still 6 monthly) psa not quite as low as your husbands at 0.6 it has been there for a while so I'm assuming that's as low as it will go.

Hopefully you won't get the psa bounce. All the best.

User
Posted 14 May 2016 at 09:17

Great news Sandra....its great not having to sit in that waiting toom.every few months or so....

Bri

User
Posted 14 May 2016 at 12:12

Oh fantastic - lots of love to you both xxx

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 14 May 2016 at 18:29

Excellent, Sandra. So pleased for you !!!

Fiona. x

User
Posted 14 May 2016 at 18:33

Great news Sandra!

Very reassuring for you both.

Luther 

User
Posted 15 May 2016 at 03:08

Nice to hear some good news!

Best wishes

Rosy

User
Posted 15 May 2016 at 09:40
Hi Sandra

Always great to read good news posts.

Lesley x

User
Posted 15 May 2016 at 12:37
Lovely news Sandra hope you both have lots of nice things planned for the next 12 months. Jx
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 18:01

So glad to see you back Sandra , and to hear these great positive results which must make you both feel happy and lucky. You two are one of the successful happy cases and long may it continue. Thanks so much for your key help when I started out xx
Chris

User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 18:06

Great News Sandra

Was just looking for a reason to go out for tea and a pint, now i have it http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif

Si

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 18:10
S

Good to hear things are going well for you both and thanks for the support you give to fellow members, you ladies are a real asset to this forum.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 18:55
Hi Sandra

I am pleased to hear your good news and hope this continues.

I have missed you on the forum so it is good to hear from you again.

Best wishes.

User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 19:17

Hi Sandra,

Great to see you back again.  I've really missed you on the site.

I'm so pleased John had good results.  Long may it continue like that.  I'll have to buy a couple of cans to celebrate.

Time to settle back and enjoy the summer months.

Take care.

Steve x

User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 19:28

Isn't it good to have good news? Congratulations to you both it must be a weight of your mind being where you are, twelve months to enjoy and make memories.

Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 19:57
That's cracking news Sandra. Thrilled to bits for you both.

Lots of love

Devonmaid xxx

User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 21:44

Great news Sandra, celebration time!

Barry
User
Posted 13 May 2016 at 22:05
Sandra

briiliant news and so good to see you posting, you have been sadly missed

xx

Mo

User
Posted 14 May 2016 at 06:25
Sandra,

It's great news for you both. And like the others have said ,its good to have you back with us.

John

User
Posted 14 May 2016 at 07:26

hi Sandra
goods news for you both and all on here

regards
nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 14 May 2016 at 08:19
Great news and and annual appointment as well!

Well done

Best wishes

Arthur

User
Posted 14 May 2016 at 08:49
Lovely news Sandra, this forum has ups and downs on news and yours is an up news.🙃

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 14 May 2016 at 09:11
Great news for you. My other half saw his consultant in April and we also got told to come back yearly. (Psa still 6 monthly) psa not quite as low as your husbands at 0.6 it has been there for a while so I'm assuming that's as low as it will go.

Hopefully you won't get the psa bounce. All the best.

User
Posted 14 May 2016 at 09:17

Great news Sandra....its great not having to sit in that waiting toom.every few months or so....

Bri

User
Posted 14 May 2016 at 12:12

Oh fantastic - lots of love to you both xxx

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 14 May 2016 at 17:14

Thank you all for the encouraging responses and the welcome back. I didn't realise so many members would realise I was missing !

Although the next appointment is annually we did ask about intervening PSA tests and he said it was up to us and if we were more comfortable doing it then he would add the request to the GP letter.

He was so pleased with himself it was a pleasure to be in the room. (Of course, the opposite attitude to that would be - did he think it wouldn't be successful !! Best not to go down that road I suppose )

User
Posted 14 May 2016 at 18:29

Excellent, Sandra. So pleased for you !!!

Fiona. x

User
Posted 14 May 2016 at 18:33

Great news Sandra!

Very reassuring for you both.

Luther 

User
Posted 15 May 2016 at 03:08

Nice to hear some good news!

Best wishes

Rosy

User
Posted 15 May 2016 at 09:40
Hi Sandra

Always great to read good news posts.

Lesley x

User
Posted 15 May 2016 at 12:37
Lovely news Sandra hope you both have lots of nice things planned for the next 12 months. Jx