Notification

Error

My introduction from myself

User
Posted 16 May 2016 at 01:22

Hi I am Pete

Sorry if I have done this wrong but it is my first time on here

I am 62 year old Marred 6 children 3 boys’ 3girls 14 grandchildren

I was diagnosed with advanced Prostate Cancer Sep 2011 Gleason score 4+3+7.

I was offered the Stampede trial witch I accepted straight away and hormone injections witch kept my P.S.A very low until March this year 2016. I have just been told my PSA has risen to 26. I was given MRI – Bone and CT Scans witch confirmed the progression of my Prostate Cancer shown bony Metastatic disease in the spine (left Rib) Pelvic Lymphadenopathy area. My M.R.I spine scan shows vertebral metastases but also shown disc bulging putting pressure on the nerve roots. I have just spent a week in Hospital with unbearable bad Sciatica pain in my buttock and thigh. I am home now with new pain killers and feeling a lot better

I have been withdrawn from the Stampede trial and been offered treatment with Enzalutamide and they will be keeping under review

User
Posted 16 May 2016 at 09:13

hi pete
hello from me

regards
nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 16 May 2016 at 09:25

Hello pmitch53 and welcome to the site.

There will be lots of support and advice on here for you from men who know exactly how you feel

Best Wishes
Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 16 May 2016 at 09:25

Hi Pete, I ama relative newbie compared to you and with different stats but it looks like you have gone through the mill at the moment. I hope things get under control and you can start living your life again.

My thoughts are with you and your family, regards

Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 16 May 2016 at 10:22

Hi Pete,

Just wanted to welcome you to the site and to say how sorry I am that you're having such a difficult time.

Please keep posting here and you'll find loads of support here from some very kind people. 

Keep fighting.

Steve

User
Posted 16 May 2016 at 11:28

Hi Pete.

You have come to the right place.

When you were diagnosed 5 years ago....did they not do an MRI/CT/Bone Scan then? Did you have RT as well?

What was the Stampede trial you were part of?  (Xtandi(enzalutamide) is part of the current Stampede Trial J and possibly others).

Did you keep track of your PSA over the past 5 years?

Regards

Edited by member 16 May 2016 at 11:29  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 16 May 2016 at 15:22
Hello Pete ,

Welcome from me too. I'm sure that you will have a lot of support from us all here. It's seems like you've been having a difficult time but I wish you well and better times ahead. I know that joining this site was a good decision for me.

John