Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Arbiritone Treatment

User
Posted 17 May 2016 at 21:08
Hi All
Just had results following my 3rd cycle of Abiritone Treatment and really happy that my PSA has dropped from 79.8 to 0.9.
Although this is good and I feel fine,plus the onco tells me that all is well, I cannot get it out of my stupid head that I have heard all this before.
During 10 sessions of chemo last year my PSA went from 100+ to 0.1, but then began to climb up again, thus putting me on to Abiritone.
Don't get me wrong, I'm so very grateful for my treatment and overjoyed at the results, but can't help being frightened that it will all turn sour again and PSA will creep up again. I know it is a pessimistic attitude, but it really does have me concerned. Do so wish I didn't feel like this but I can't help it.
Maybe it's just a bad time, and I can't believe my luck. Has anyone else with similar results felt as I do ?
Regards To All
Alan
User
Posted 17 May 2016 at 21:29
You are not alone my friend, I feel the same. I was 342 then after chemo/ RT down to 0.3. Then rose quickly to 4 so started Abbi and now 3 months on am 0.7 so good but like you I think what next when this fails? I guess it's trials, more chemo, enzaclutimide ? In my dark moments it still gets me but I do my best to think and do good things so the dark moments are more rare ( that's still a few times a day mind) .
So don't beat yourself up for feeling sad but do try to do something for you/ your family/ others to distract you and make life worthwhile.

For me that's typically, go running, go out with the wife and volunteer with Pcuk , all boxes ticked!

How do you want to tick those boxes?

Take care

Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 17 May 2016 at 21:33
Hi Kev
You are so right I know, I do have terrific support from my family and have started a fitness regime to keep me fully occupied, do hope we are overreacting.
In the meantime, best of health to you ! Onwards and upward.
Cheers
Alan
User
Posted 19 May 2016 at 16:34

Alan, I too am on abiraterone. Have been with ups and downs for 2 1/2 years. It should be seen as one of the available tools for controlling the PCa and is unlikely to be curative. But, with the time gained, more treatment options become available. As of now, we both have a few other things that can be tried, so do remain positive. We have a chronic condition, probably not a killer these days. Battle on, my friend!

AC in Northants

User
Posted 19 May 2016 at 16:56

Absolutely normal to worry. Life is good so what bugger can come along and spoil it.

My daughter in law, my daughter, my grandson have all experienced these feelings. No matter how hard you try it will always be in the back of your mind so you are not odd or un-naturally pessimistic. My 19 year old grandson is currently going through a bad time with these thoughts as he is feeling unwell at present so it's the first thing that pops into his head - is it back?

I've no doubt there are people who once their cancer is treated get on with life and never give it another thought. Lucky them./

Onwards and upwards indeed. Life hasn't been fair to you (or the others on here with spread) but you're giving it a run for its money. As Auld Codger says, there are new treatments or tweaks to treatments going on all the time.

I wish you well and peace of mind.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails