I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

No discussion, just a phone call

User
Posted 27 May 2016 at 16:09
After my husband's RP Iin 2007followed by radiotherapy then monitoring for a few years, we were informed that it had come back and spread to his pelvis and lungs.
For around four years he has daily bicalutamide in conjunction with three monthly Zoladx implants but it has kept the spread at bay until now!
After a bit of a struggle to get an appointment with the urology consultant after he had his CT scan on March 26 he was informed that the consultant did not have the radiologist report.
He emailed his nurse today to ask her of the results, only to get a phone call from her to tell him that he will now be handed over to oncology because the treatment was no longer working.
I feel that he has been treated quite at times but to be told over the phone that the treatment as no longer working, well that amazed me.
Oh well, here' s hoping that a more efficient approach will happen in the new department but I wonder what treatment wil be offered?fingers crossed
User
Posted 27 May 2016 at 17:44

What a horrible way to find out. Hope any treatment offered has the desired effect

Best Wishes

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 29 May 2016 at 21:35
That's blinking awful Bluey xxxx
User
Posted 29 May 2016 at 23:08
Hi Bluey, sounds naff doesn't it? If it's any consolation, I saw a couple of urologists ( I always called them cutters as that's what they like to do) on diagnosis 18 m ago, when they decided they could not " cut" to cure me they effectively washed their hands of me with very negative passing comments however I was then handed over to an oncologist ( I call zappers!) where he talked all about what they could do to give me more time and it gave me great hope. In fact my wife and I nicknamed the two groups dr death and dr live as their attitude to advanced prostate cancer was so polarised. It's rubbish that your oh has spread now but the oncologists have lots of potential tricks nowadays so sooner you see them the better, hope that the first onco meeting was as good as mine. Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019