I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

stopped ht

User
Posted 14 Jun 2016 at 08:23

hi.went for my yearly results yesterday,been on zoladex for 2yrs 4months for locally advanced prostate cancer,high risk,oncologist said everything fine ,and that i was to stop ht immediately,next meeting is with urologist in 6months time,i found it hard to take it all in properly with zoladex clouding my mind,is this normal procedure, should i be happy that i have stopped ,with my dx t3b no mo high risk probably wont be off for long,anyone else in similiar situation,i know i should be positive.

User
Posted 14 Jun 2016 at 09:36

hi radar

would guess that with you not having a spread they want to give your body a break whilst ht is still working, I assume your PSA is very low

regards

nidge

run long and prosper
'pooh how do you spell love'
'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'
User
Posted 14 Jun 2016 at 11:19

Radar, You're a very lucky man! PSA of under 0.10 is regarded as "undetectable". 0.010 is fantastic for a man who still has his prostate. Now get on with your life and forget about the monster that you've beaten. It may take nine months or so before you're free of the side effects of Zoladex, so that will require patience.

Good Luck

AC in Northants

User
Posted 14 Jun 2016 at 14:04

yes i was supposed to be on 3yrs because i am high risk,i was surprised ,onco mentioned side effects and i said compared to a lot of other guys i am not too bad apart from sleep problems and flushes and lost weight on arms and legs,energy levels not too bad except when i sit down for a bit i sometimes nod off but not for too long,anyway i have been handed over to urology now,next appointment 6months.

User
Posted 14 Jun 2016 at 16:36

radar

Over the past few years it's been suggested a shorter time than 3 years gives the same success rate. As usual some onco's go along with that and some don't.

Good luck

Ray

User
Posted 14 Jun 2016 at 16:45

yeah ray that was what my urology nurse said,my psa is now 0.06 gleason 7 3X4,so now its just see how long i can stay off ht,its not intermittent ht ,i think they are just giving me a rest with 6month monitoring with me still being high risk,but good news though.

User
Posted 14 Jun 2016 at 16:52
Hi Radar

Like you I was T3b NO MO - look at my profile for full details.

I had HT (Prostap injections) from January 2013 until November 2015 at 3 monthly intervals. When I saw the oncologist in January this year she said to stop the injections as my PSA was undetectable, I had a follow-up appointment in May, same results as January, next one is in August as she wants to monitor the situation. I still have all my usual blood tests before each appointment.

If they don't want to see you for 6 months that seems like good news.

Arthur

Edited by member 14 Jun 2016 at 16:54  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 14 Jun 2016 at 20:58

hi,awr1946 yeah read your profile your doing well,hope i can carry on doing well, cheers.