Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

9 Years with Gleason 9

User
Posted 29 Jun 2016 at 11:14

Hi Guys,

I thought it might cheer up some of you newly diagnosed chaps to know that I am still doing well 9 years after diagnosis.

I was diagnosed PSA 31, Gleason 9, T stage 3, with a question mark over a spinal lesion and enlarged lymph nodes.

Today my latest PSA in 0.2, I have finished all treatment and am enjoying life to the full.

The detail is all in my profile.

I don't want to tempt fate by claiming to have won the battle, as my Consultant left me in no doubt that PCa would get me sooner or later, lets just say far I seem to be ahead on points?

:)

Dave 

User
Posted 29 Jun 2016 at 11:14

Hi Guys,

I thought it might cheer up some of you newly diagnosed chaps to know that I am still doing well 9 years after diagnosis.

I was diagnosed PSA 31, Gleason 9, T stage 3, with a question mark over a spinal lesion and enlarged lymph nodes.

Today my latest PSA in 0.2, I have finished all treatment and am enjoying life to the full.

The detail is all in my profile.

I don't want to tempt fate by claiming to have won the battle, as my Consultant left me in no doubt that PCa would get me sooner or later, lets just say far I seem to be ahead on points?

Dave 

User
Posted 29 Jun 2016 at 13:07
Hi dave
"9 Years!!" This a wonderful post to read. Wishing you well and long may it continue.
Lesley x
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 29 Jun 2016 at 11:27

Great news Dave, just shows some others that it is not all doom and gloom and a positive approach with the view of making the most of life and living it the best you can.

I will keep everything crossed for you for the future, long may you stay well.

Best wishes Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 29 Jun 2016 at 11:52

Hi Dave

Very good result

Not long after you joined, pretty much 9 years ago, you mentioned dropping of your perch some time soon. It reads not only haven’t you done that but you're flying around enjoying life – that's the way to do it -:)

Keep on or above that perch for many a decade

Ray

User
Posted 29 Jun 2016 at 11:58

Excellent news Dave,

After diagnosis, which to many can be devastating in itself, every year, every month, every week without progression and feeling good is worth celebrating and sharing.  Looks like your grip on that perch is stronger than you first thought?  http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 29 Jun 2016 at 12:43

Quote "I don't want to tempt fate by claiming to have won the battle, as my Consultant left me in no doubt that PCa would get me sooner or later, lets just say far I seem to be ahead on points?"

Well it hasn't happened yet Dave and long may it last for you.

Good news to post. Thank you

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 29 Jun 2016 at 13:07
Hi dave
"9 Years!!" This a wonderful post to read. Wishing you well and long may it continue.
Lesley x
User
Posted 29 Jun 2016 at 14:30

Dave
Nice one friend. Truly shows us all that there is hope despite a bad diagnosis. All the very best to you.
Chris

User
Posted 29 Jun 2016 at 15:09

Good news, Dave. I am pleased to read it.

I have liked the way that you've been pro-active and was interested in your trip to Mt Vernon as I followed you there (albeit for different treatment)

Long may your progress continue.

Dave

Not "Why Me?" but "Why Not Me"?
User
Posted 29 Jun 2016 at 15:09
Dave,

I am in awe of what you have gone through over the years, having read your avatar profile. It's really helped me. I was recently shown an article you wrote for your local support group, which was upbeat and encouraging . We have friends who live in Norfolk and stay with them as one of my daughters is at UEA. They came across it and kept it to show me.
So there's another one with a 0.2 reading to keep me company.

Best wishes for continued success,

John

User
Posted 29 Jun 2016 at 15:46
Hi Dave

Great news, I'm not newly diagnosed so it also cheers me up to hear of someone with excellent results.

Best wishes, Arthur
User
Posted 29 Jun 2016 at 16:02
Top news Dave, I like you hope you have loads more ahead of you too. Take care, Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 29 Jun 2016 at 16:31

Bloody fantastic :-)

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 29 Jun 2016 at 16:40
Hi Dave

Fantastic news , so good to read . As my OH is newly diagnosed compared to you this definitely helps us to keep positive, so thank you and long my you continue!

Debbie x
User
Posted 29 Jun 2016 at 16:41
Hi Dave

Fantastic news , so good to read . As my OH is newly diagnosed compared to you this definitely helps us to keep positive, so thank you and long my you continue!

Debbie x
User
Posted 29 Jun 2016 at 18:38

Thanks John (surr33) for the article info.

To access it just google Norfolk Waveney Prostate . Once there its in Support Group Newsletter - May 2015.

Dave you're lucky to have what reads a very good support group.

Ray

Edited by member 29 Jun 2016 at 18:39  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 29 Jun 2016 at 19:40
Good news Dave.

KRO..
User
Posted 29 Jun 2016 at 21:19
Dave
That's not just good its truly fantastic news.
Xx
Mo
User
Posted 30 Jun 2016 at 03:10
Great news, Dave!

Long may it continue.

Steve
User
Posted 30 Jun 2016 at 08:09

Hi Dave ,  being new to this Pca journey I have just read your profile .You certainly are a fighter and it has given me a great boost .Thank you young man .  Hang tough . Cheers for now Mike Bond ( 63) 

User
Posted 30 Jun 2016 at 09:04

Great news Dave shows hope for us all Andy

User
Posted 30 Jun 2016 at 09:19

Hi Dave,
As I'm just being referred to oncologist after surgery,it's to hear there is hope even if it is challenging.

User
Posted 30 Jun 2016 at 09:50
What a fantastic post, you've given hope to many my friend!

Devonmaid
User
Posted 08 Jul 2016 at 21:08

Not been on the site for a few weeks but great news Dave and a real encouragement to all of us.

User
Posted 09 Jul 2016 at 00:28

Hi Dave,

Very good PSA figure after 9 years, I am a couple of months from my diagnosis of 10 years ago but with a PSA of 0.70 at most recent count and slowly rising (not that PSA in itself is a precise indicator). My philosophy is if cancer becomes active again to hit it hard as may be possible to buy time.

Barry
User
Posted 14 Jul 2016 at 08:07
Hi Dave
That is fantastic news.Long may it continue.
Don't think you realise what an inspiration you are to others.
You really do eschew the philosophy of "I have got cancer.Cancer has not got me"

Garry
User
Posted 18 Jul 2016 at 09:50
Fantastic news Dave!
User
Posted 23 Jul 2016 at 13:54

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of your kind words.

Sorry I have taken so long to respond, I have trouble getting posts to open, I don't know if my computer is struggling with Windows 10, or if this website is getting slow?

Dave

User
Posted 23 Jul 2016 at 21:15
Hi Dave ,
Not just fantastic news for you but hope for so many who are behind you on this journey. Fandabidosi .
BFN
Julie X
NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 28 Jul 2016 at 15:37

Dave. Is it possible for you to open your message box, as it is full

Thanks.

Dave.

User
Posted 06 Aug 2016 at 20:09
Hi Dave can I ask what treatment you had .My psa is 7.65 and gleason 6.So much info.
User
Posted 06 Aug 2016 at 20:40

Hello Steve and welcome.

There is nothing to stop you asking a question on another person's topic but you may well get more responses if you start your own conversation, as not everyone looks at everything.

I'm sure you will eventually get advice and replies. If you click on Dave's picture it should bring up his profile and you may be able to see in there what treatment he had.

Your PSA and Gleason are relatively low. I assume you were told that the PC was localised?

Was any treatment offered to you in particular?

If you go to Publications on this site you will be able to download "The Toolkit" which has loads of information regarding treatments etc.

We are happy to help answer any questions and queries you may have. The ultimate decision however, has to be yours. All I would say is don't rush down a partciular route without exploring others.

Either hang on here or start again, but should just warn you that sometimes new posts take a little while to show as they have to be "moderated"

Good luck and best wishes

Sandra

PS Steve. This is a public website and if your profile is showing your email address you may want to look at it and alter it so that your personal information isn't on show

Edited by member 06 Aug 2016 at 20:41  | Reason: Not specified

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 07 Aug 2016 at 00:50

Excellent David - the sort of story that will give hope to so many who come on here looking for good news.

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 09 Aug 2016 at 20:32

Hello Dave,

great news and I'm so pleased for you!

You've cheered me up!

Frank.

User
Posted 17 Aug 2016 at 08:24

Hi Guys,

Sorry I haven't posted recently, I upgraded to Windows 10 by accident when I hit the return key a few weeks ago since when its taken my computer time to settle down.

Mailbox clear.

Dave 

User
Posted 02 Sep 2016 at 09:22

Great post and great news Dave.

This is the type of post/subject that I searched for when I was diagnosed in 2011. It is so comforting and reassuring when I come across such good news stories of prolonged life.

It's reassuring and comforting for me now and I am 5 1/2 years down the road, so I dare say it will be such a good news story for those who have come on with a recent diagnosis.

I am similar to yourself Dave but with a Gleeson of 7. I am now 2 years off HT after having 3 years of it plus RT after 8 months. My story/updates are on my profile for those new members who may want to know more.

Keep healthy everyone

Gary