I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

testesterone not recovering on iht.

User
Posted 01 Jul 2016 at 08:51

hi,i am about to start iht after   2yrs 4 months on zoladex,i also had rt,i have been reading about iht and that it is controvercial,and that not all of the medical profession agree which is best cad or iht,i have also read that us older guys on iht that not everyones testesterone recovers,what is the point of iht if you still dont produce any testesterone.any thoughts on this please.

User
Posted 01 Jul 2016 at 10:33

I was on injected Testosterone for around a year before my cancer was found , with a very rapid rise in PSA. It may have accelerated an existing small cancer. But surprisingly my Onco didn't take me off it straight away , also saying that the evidence was very out dated and under review. In the end I was taken off it.
Did it help me ? Even at the age of 47. Not much I don't think to be honest. It may not be the panacea people hope it will be

User
Posted 01 Jul 2016 at 12:31

thanks, i was on injecting test for about 5yrs,so i will be shut down,and with starting iht my test will probably never recover anymore is that good or bad for locally advanced,recently had my psa result 0.06,i have read about trt injections but thats a bit dodgy,anymore thoughts please.

User
Posted 01 Jul 2016 at 12:59

I am not on HT, but after a lousy winter of colds and coughs, my GP found my testosterone was very, very low. After a fight with endocrinology (and with the backing of my urologist), I was put on testosterone therapy....BUT.....now it is possible it is messing up my haemoglobin levels so I may have to come off it again. Back to lousy winters.

I did look for the evidence connecting testosterone with PCa and it did seem to be tenuous, even suggesting the original connection was from a sample size of one person back in the 1940s.

Tony
TURP then LRP in 2009/2010. Lots of leakage but PSA < 0.1 AMS-800 Artificial Sphincter activated 2015.
User
Posted 01 Jul 2016 at 14:49

thanks,i will enquire about trt if my psa stays low,will probably be refused due to me being high risk,i have read about people been given trt if there test is not recovering while on iht, if ones test does not recover does that mean longer holidays,but whats the point of iht if my test does not recover,anyone thankyou,

User
Posted 01 Jul 2016 at 17:24

Radar, to be clear - are you talking about intermittent adt (zoladex) or injected testosterone?

User
Posted 01 Jul 2016 at 18:09

both,been on zoladex 2yrs 4mths,i am starting intermittent ht next week,but i know my testesterone wont recover after doing testerone injections for 5yrs ,so if my testerone does not recover,i will ask my urologist if i can go back on testosterone for a while,i know it will be dodgy.

User
Posted 01 Jul 2016 at 21:09

is there any other guys on here who is on intermittent ht whos testesterone is not recovering cheers.

User
Posted 01 Jul 2016 at 22:41

Radar, how do you know your testosterone won't recover? Topgun's did, and he was on it for longer I think? And he is not the only one. I am not sure that the point of having a hormone holiday is to get the tst up anyway ... I could be wrong but I thought it was about having breaks so that it takes longer for the cancer to realise it is being tricked?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 02 Jul 2016 at 08:56

thankyou,i will just see how i go with my first holiday,the worst thing for me is bone loss i am only a small guy so cant afford to lose anymore,alot of people have put weight on with zoladex i havent i have lost some which i cant afford to lose.cheers.