Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

undergoneTreatment

User
Posted 04 Jul 2016 at 20:14

HELLO FORUM MEMBERS

New to this site so here goes my story=diagnosed at christmas with aggressive prostate cancer psa=257,glesson score=10 not gone into bone but just spread outside the prostate,got put on to prostap 3 hormone injection,6 cycles of chemo,after every 3 weeks blood test done amazing results psa came right down =week 1 =17.28 cycle 2 =6.15 cycle 3 =5.87 cycle 4 -0.00 cycle 5 -0.00 last cycle today confuses me gone up to 0.72,does this mean the cancer is coming back?chemo nurses say its nothing to worry about,but i am, can anyone tell me if this is normal,would be glad of any advise

User
Posted 04 Jul 2016 at 21:13

Hi Deky, best to trust your medical team on these things. It may be that your most recent blood test came just before your next Prostap injection was due - or sometimes the chemo causes a flurry of objections from the cancer cells as they die off, causing a little bit more pSA to be produced.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 04 Jul 2016 at 21:34

Thanks for your quick reply LynEyre its all confusing to me this,never been in a life situation like this

User
Posted 05 Jul 2016 at 07:26

Hi Deky

Remember that you still have a prostate so it woukd be unusual not to produce some PSA

Bri

User
Posted 05 Jul 2016 at 09:14
Hi Deky
My hubby has recently had radiotherapy on his prostate as a palliative measure to try to prevent kidney failure. They didn't test the PSA afterwards as they said any test done after a radical treatment like RT or chemo can be unreliable. Try not to worry, I know it's hard not to but dying cancer cells do give off PSA I'm told and that can affect the result.

Best wishes
Devonmaid
User
Posted 05 Jul 2016 at 09:40

Thanks Devonmaid,my doctor has said i will be going away to liverpool 6 blasts of RT so we we see what happens?it's just strange how my last 3 chemo's was psa=0.00  psa=0.00 psa=0.72,but thank-you for your reassuring answer