I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Rock on

User
Posted 10 Jul 2016 at 12:27
Well home after RP all I can say is what a ride yes glad I have had it done but cannot wait to get this thing that should not be up my penis out !! Had a appointment to get removed but after 8 days is this a bit to soon ?? Rock on Bristol Southmead xx
User
Posted 10 Jul 2016 at 14:59

Length of time seems to be down to the surgeon's preference. Mine was out after seven days.

Tony
TURP then LRP in 2009/2010. Lots of leakage but PSA < 0.1 AMS-800 Artificial Sphincter activated 2015.
User
Posted 10 Jul 2016 at 16:31

10 days for me.

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 10 Jul 2016 at 16:37

I think it depends on how much cutting and stitching was done to rejoin your urethra, and whether the main valve was re-sited etc. John was 10 days but he had the bottom of his bladder re-designed and the upper valve repositioned.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 10 Jul 2016 at 16:43

Prostatectomy and bladder re-sectioning. 10 days before catheter out. Was nearly fully continent. Fingers crossed for you
Chris

User
Posted 10 Jul 2016 at 16:55

I was 'done'  at Bristol Southmead ( out of area for me ) .....but had to wait for 2 weeks before my catheter was removed at my local hospital...

As has already been stated... depends on surgeons preference and the extent of the surgery that has been carried out on each individual... I think...

Best Wishes 
Luther

User
Posted 10 Jul 2016 at 17:19
Thirteen days for me, mine settled down after a couple of days, "by passing" where urine comes out between the catheter and the urethra can be uncomfortable, particularly when passing a motion. Make the most of not getting out of bed at night too visit the loo.

Added

I have been troubled be a urethral stricture since my op over two years ago. My surgeon is convinced it was caused by the way my catheter was removed. It got stuck on the way out and was then swiftly pulled out. So make sure yours comes out nice and gently.

Thanks Chris

Edited by member 10 Jul 2016 at 18:21  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 10 Jul 2016 at 18:59

Not being funny but I think it's more about numbers and when they can fit you into the clinic after a week from your op has passed

Bri

User
Posted 10 Jul 2016 at 22:08
Mine also done at Southmead and removed after 8 days at my local hospital.

Hope all goes well

Kevan
User
Posted 16 Jul 2016 at 22:16

10 days for me and staple/stitches taken out at same time - what a relief !

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 10 Jul 2016 at 14:59

Length of time seems to be down to the surgeon's preference. Mine was out after seven days.

Tony
TURP then LRP in 2009/2010. Lots of leakage but PSA < 0.1 AMS-800 Artificial Sphincter activated 2015.
User
Posted 10 Jul 2016 at 15:57

Hi Tony, ok perhaps I will just get on with it.

User
Posted 10 Jul 2016 at 16:31

10 days for me.

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 10 Jul 2016 at 16:37

I think it depends on how much cutting and stitching was done to rejoin your urethra, and whether the main valve was re-sited etc. John was 10 days but he had the bottom of his bladder re-designed and the upper valve repositioned.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 10 Jul 2016 at 16:43

Prostatectomy and bladder re-sectioning. 10 days before catheter out. Was nearly fully continent. Fingers crossed for you
Chris

User
Posted 10 Jul 2016 at 16:55

I was 'done'  at Bristol Southmead ( out of area for me ) .....but had to wait for 2 weeks before my catheter was removed at my local hospital...

As has already been stated... depends on surgeons preference and the extent of the surgery that has been carried out on each individual... I think...

Best Wishes 
Luther

User
Posted 10 Jul 2016 at 17:19
Thirteen days for me, mine settled down after a couple of days, "by passing" where urine comes out between the catheter and the urethra can be uncomfortable, particularly when passing a motion. Make the most of not getting out of bed at night too visit the loo.

Added

I have been troubled be a urethral stricture since my op over two years ago. My surgeon is convinced it was caused by the way my catheter was removed. It got stuck on the way out and was then swiftly pulled out. So make sure yours comes out nice and gently.

Thanks Chris

Edited by member 10 Jul 2016 at 18:21  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 10 Jul 2016 at 18:59

Not being funny but I think it's more about numbers and when they can fit you into the clinic after a week from your op has passed

Bri

User
Posted 10 Jul 2016 at 22:08
Mine also done at Southmead and removed after 8 days at my local hospital.

Hope all goes well

Kevan
User
Posted 16 Jul 2016 at 22:16

User
Posted 17 Jul 2016 at 08:53
Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Mine came out on Friday staples also and you ain't wrong A great relief !!!