I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Just been diagnosed fully.

User
Posted 19 Jul 2016 at 14:42
Just been told I have T9 but hasn.t spread to bones thank god.Hormone therapy starting tomorroe
User
Posted 19 Jul 2016 at 18:22

Hi,
I think you must be a G9 which is the Gleason score. It is either a G4+5 or a G5+4 - did they tell you which?

The highest T score is 4 so you could be anything from a T1 to a T4, depending where it is and how far it has travelled. Great that your bone scan was clear but if you know your T score we can probably help you a bit more. I am assuming you were not T1 if they have started you on hormones immediately.

If you know other details such as your PSA score, that will also help us to support you.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 19 Jul 2016 at 19:06

Just to say welcome Nathaniel.

You've come to the right place for information and support

Best Wishes

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 20 Jul 2016 at 14:45
I.ll find out exactly T score tomorrow then.Last psa was 200 and it.s spread to lymph nodes in pelvis.CT scan imminent to see if other lymph nodes affected.Needless to ssy I.m scared.
User
Posted 20 Jul 2016 at 14:46
I.ll find out exactly T score tomorrow then.Last psa was 200 and it.s spread to lymph nodes in pelvis.CT scan imminent to see if other lymph nodes affected.Needless to ssy I.m scared.
User
Posted 20 Jul 2016 at 14:59

Hi
I automatically became T4 when five of the eighteen lymph nodes they removed were found to be cancerous. My PSA at op was 43. However I am on HT awaiting further scans but the cancer is under control apparently with last PSA 0.14.
I hope your scans show no further spread

User
Posted 20 Jul 2016 at 16:27

All the best for tomorrow Nathaniel.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 20 Jul 2016 at 23:38

Hop everything goes well for you tomorrow, please let us know how you get on
X

The only time you should look back is to see how far you have come
User
Posted 21 Jul 2016 at 06:37
thinking about you today, hope all goes as good as can be expected.

Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 21 Jul 2016 at 06:41
Hope everything goes well for you today. I too had spread to the lymph nodes and also the seminal vesicle.

Still here 2 years later having had radio therapy!

Best wishes,

John

User
Posted 02 Aug 2016 at 20:04
Well had the results of my final scan.Have had mri,bone scan,biopsy and ct scan.

Nothing else has shown up except what we already knew - tumour in prostate and pelvic lymph nodes.

Gleason stage 9

On a Previous meeting with a registrar he talked about years of life left and possible eradication however the doctor today,when pressed,was talking about 2.5 or 10 years and wssn.t reassuring at all.

Starting chemo next month.

User
Posted 02 Aug 2016 at 20:28

Hi
My Onvo has been very careful about giving a prognosis. In truth they don't really know. Two and a half years is frightening , whereas ten ain't bad I suppose. I am 49 and had the op , however it was only after op they realised I was G9 T4 and Lymph node involvement. I refused ( my wife and I think rightly ) the RT that was offered , as it was a total shot in the dark , and my PET scan proved nothing significant was left behind. When pressed he told me 4 to 6 yrs. Many people on here have defied the odds. It's just down to luck I suppose , but I'm sure sensible eating and drinking and exercise must help. And try to stay positive. This is what I struggle with the most , but I do believe negative thoughts and stress can affect the immune system. Good luck xx

User
Posted 03 Aug 2016 at 07:50
Chris

Yes I agree positive thought at the moment is difficult and 4 to 6 years is nothing really.I was hoping for 10 plus before I started even started to feel the effects of illness but all of a sudden I.ve crashed even though I,ve got fantastic support.

Do you exercise much.I gym it most days at the moment.