I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Salvage RT progress

User
Posted 26 Jul 2016 at 19:02
After 12 months of slowly rising PSA during 2015 (reaching 0.13 in November) I had 4 weeks of RT in January this year. I was fortunate not to suffer any side effects and by March my PSA had reduced to 0.06 - the most recent test result was 0.02 so the RT seems to be doing its thing. I'm under no illusions about the future but hope my experiance gives some of you hope that treatments can be effective despite a grim diagnosis.
User
Posted 26 Jul 2016 at 19:47

Great to hear the good news Andrew9081! May it keep dropping and bottom out somewhere in the "undetectable" zone!

Flexi

User
Posted 26 Jul 2016 at 19:47

A

That is good news and very reassuring as I seem to be following in your footsteps, my last PSA was 0.13 next test end of September. Did you have another PSA test just before the salvage RT ? I keep being told my rising PSA could be due to the continued surgery and messing with the strictures. I will follow your updates with interest. 

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 26 Jul 2016 at 19:54
My SRT lasted for 13 months. I wish you success with your treatment brother.

Bazza

User
Posted 26 Jul 2016 at 21:16
A

Did you ever have urethral reconstruction ?

Bazza

Why did RT last for so long ?

Thanks Chris

Added. Bazza, Someone just explained what you meant.I do admire your attitude to PCa.

Thanks Chris

Edited by member 26 Jul 2016 at 23:18  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 27 Jul 2016 at 08:46

Hi Chris,

No I didn't have another PSA test prior to starting RT - I'm not sure that another test between November and the beginning of January would have given us anything of use.

I didn't go for the urethral reconstruction - the op would be in two phases so quite disruptive but more importantly I have persisted with self dilation 3 to 4 times a week which has kept things tolerable.

All the best