I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Stilboestrol after Enzo/Abi?

User
Posted 01 Aug 2016 at 08:50

I suspect my time on Enzalutamide is coming to an end. Therefore, I am preparing for my next meeting with my Onco in September. I have a question for you.

Has anybody been prescribed Stilboestrol after the failure of Enzalutamide or Abiraterone? If so, did it knock your PSA back down. If so, how long did it knock it back for and how long after starting Stilboestrol did it take before you saw positive results? Lastly, what were the significant side effects you experienced?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

David

User
Posted 01 Aug 2016 at 17:59
Hi david

Bob had Stilboestril following abireterone. It worked well for a few months, see our profile. Main side effect I think for bob was painful man boobs!

Hope it works well for you,stay positive.

Lesley xx

User
Posted 01 Aug 2016 at 19:43
John hasn't yet had abiraterone or enzo but has been on stillbestrol for nearly three years. Man boobs and soreness there is the main side effect and no, it will never go away even when he moves on to another treatment.

Good luck!

Devonmaid

User
Posted 01 Aug 2016 at 22:34

David was given stilboestrol when the abiraterone failed. Unfortunately the PCa had got a real hold by then; his PSA doubling time was 4 weeks and getting quicker by the moment. The stilboestrol never had a chance - he died 2 weeks later by which time his PSA had almost doubled again.

But to be honest every treatment option failed much sooner for him than it should have done. I suppose he was just one of the really unlucky ones http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cry.gif

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 01 Aug 2016 at 17:59
Hi david

Bob had Stilboestril following abireterone. It worked well for a few months, see our profile. Main side effect I think for bob was painful man boobs!

Hope it works well for you,stay positive.

Lesley xx

User
Posted 01 Aug 2016 at 19:15

Thanks Lesley. Do the moobs go away once Stilboestril is stopped or do they become permanent? Did your Onco do anything to reduce the pain, such as a shot of radiation to the moobs?

User
Posted 01 Aug 2016 at 19:43
John hasn't yet had abiraterone or enzo but has been on stillbestrol for nearly three years. Man boobs and soreness there is the main side effect and no, it will never go away even when he moves on to another treatment.

Good luck!

Devonmaid

User
Posted 01 Aug 2016 at 22:34

David was given stilboestrol when the abiraterone failed. Unfortunately the PCa had got a real hold by then; his PSA doubling time was 4 weeks and getting quicker by the moment. The stilboestrol never had a chance - he died 2 weeks later by which time his PSA had almost doubled again.

But to be honest every treatment option failed much sooner for him than it should have done. I suppose he was just one of the really unlucky ones http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cry.gif