I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Things can only get beter

User
Posted 13 Aug 2016 at 11:47
Having been transferred from urology to oncology( without explanation ) , my husband was fearing the worst. About three months ago the oncologist told him that his PSA had almost doubled in six months and that the tumour on his lungs had increased in size plus the lung nodules had increased in number.

Anyway, she organised a bone scan and full blood test. He was taking bicalutamide daily plus three monthly prostap injections, a tough regime. She said that maybe she would look at changing his treatment once the results were in

So last Thursday we went along to oncology and to our delight and surprise no change in PSA, Stil 1.3 and no hot spots on his bone scan.

We were amazed as he was feeling pretty awful with fatigue and coughing at night plus lots of sleepless nights worrying about the possibility of chemotherapy.

So, onwards and upwards! Still hating the hormone treatment but it is actually working.

Now to plan the celebration for our 45th anniversary, a posh hotel , good food and we will raise a few glasses to the future which is looking bright

User
Posted 13 Aug 2016 at 13:27
It's an incredible journey that you are both going through and I am so pleased to read your latest news.

All good wishes for your anniversary and the brighter future.

Kind regards

Kevan

User
Posted 13 Aug 2016 at 14:53

Hello Blueytrew,

What brilliant news. Was nothing resolved about the cough? Tiredness can certainly sap your strength.

Hope you have a wonderful anniversary, whenever that is. A nice big sapphire on the cards even a pretend one?

We are 47 years in October. Time flies eh?

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 13 Aug 2016 at 13:27
It's an incredible journey that you are both going through and I am so pleased to read your latest news.

All good wishes for your anniversary and the brighter future.

Kind regards

Kevan

User
Posted 13 Aug 2016 at 14:53

Hello Blueytrew,

What brilliant news. Was nothing resolved about the cough? Tiredness can certainly sap your strength.

Hope you have a wonderful anniversary, whenever that is. A nice big sapphire on the cards even a pretend one?

We are 47 years in October. Time flies eh?

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails