I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Latest Update

User
Posted 25 Aug 2016 at 20:38

I keep trying to keep up to date on here, but life, and dealing with the consequences of 2 family deaths, have meant I have struggled to maintain the presence I would like.

Anyway, good news, PSA is still undetectable 28 months post removal.

I will be starting a 4th variety of tablet this weekend for the old man.  Not expecting too much, but we can only try.  I am due a phone call from Christie's next week, and it could well be injections I will be asking for by then.

Anyway life is still good, the golf as always, (unlike that other aspect of my life), has had its ups and downs, and I will be playing at Lymm GC next month in the PCUK golf day.  Anyone else there?

Sorry to those who may think I've ignored you. You are never far from my mind with all the support I have received.

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 25 Aug 2016 at 22:38
Hi Paul,

Your PSA is great news and must be very reassuring.

I know how things going on in your life can sometimes get in the way of other things you feel you should be doing but don't feel guilty if you you're not able to post here as much as you used to. You have always been supportive to so many on here in spite of having things to deal with in your own life.

Pleased to hear that you're still enjoying your golf. I hope you do well in the PCUK Golf Day.

I hope everything contiues to go well with your PSA scores. Keep in touch.

Steve

User
Posted 25 Aug 2016 at 22:54
P

Good news and I am pleased life is treating you well. You are a good advert for robotic surgery and I hope the good news will continue. Hope you get some success with the injections.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 25 Aug 2016 at 23:14
Hi SF2,

Many things get in the way to stop us posting for my self it is yet more puppies , sometimes it is just that life is good and we do not feel the need to post.

Golf I suppose is a bit like puppies in that it keeps your mind occupied .

Your results are fantastic don't let the ups and downs of life tell you otherwise.😊

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 26 Aug 2016 at 08:59

Very glad to hear your latest news SF2.

None of us needs to worry about being ignored, life goes on. Just because our own small world continues doesn't mean we forget that for others it's a bumpier ride.

Enjoy your life and I hope that the only fly in the ointment is given a "move on" notice so that life can be really good for you both.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 26 Aug 2016 at 10:05
Paul

Please do not apologise for being away from the forum for a while, you have had an awful lot to deal with and over the last 12 months particularly, not everyone has the time to post and to be honest, some just don't feel they have anything more to add than has already been said.

The main thing is that your PSA is still undetectable and that is great news.

Don't give up on the ED. There are so many new treatments and possible combinations in the pipeline. It would seem that the powers that be have twigged that it is a number one issue for many Men, and I should add, not just those with PCa. I guess it takes a while for the issues to be fully recognised within our NHS which is sad. The familial deaths and ongoing worries in your life may also be contributing.

I post a lot less these days too, that is not because I don't care but because I care very much. My limited knowledge in diagnostics, treatments and all things other than dealing with PCa issues (rather than the disease itself) is now out of date. Those still living with the disease and those who sadly find themselevs here have much more valuable contributions to make in those aspects.

Good to hear that golf is still helping you to enjoy life.

Best wishes

xx

Mo

User
Posted 27 Aug 2016 at 20:45
Hi Paul

It's really good to see your post and know that you are doing ok after everything you've been through. Always pleased to see you here but never worry if you can't post for whatever reason, I often pop in, read and say nothing as I've got nothing of use to add.cit doesn't mean I'm not following, the old forum had a count so that you could see that people had read your post, some people didn't like it as it seemed to makes people more "popular" than others, I found it comforting, but there you are.

Can't help with the golf, it's never been a thing for us, but I'm pleased you are back in the swing!

Lots of love

Devonmaid xxx

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 25 Aug 2016 at 22:38
Hi Paul,

Your PSA is great news and must be very reassuring.

I know how things going on in your life can sometimes get in the way of other things you feel you should be doing but don't feel guilty if you you're not able to post here as much as you used to. You have always been supportive to so many on here in spite of having things to deal with in your own life.

Pleased to hear that you're still enjoying your golf. I hope you do well in the PCUK Golf Day.

I hope everything contiues to go well with your PSA scores. Keep in touch.

Steve

User
Posted 25 Aug 2016 at 22:54
P

Good news and I am pleased life is treating you well. You are a good advert for robotic surgery and I hope the good news will continue. Hope you get some success with the injections.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 25 Aug 2016 at 23:14
Hi SF2,

Many things get in the way to stop us posting for my self it is yet more puppies , sometimes it is just that life is good and we do not feel the need to post.

Golf I suppose is a bit like puppies in that it keeps your mind occupied .

Your results are fantastic don't let the ups and downs of life tell you otherwise.😊

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 26 Aug 2016 at 08:59

Very glad to hear your latest news SF2.

None of us needs to worry about being ignored, life goes on. Just because our own small world continues doesn't mean we forget that for others it's a bumpier ride.

Enjoy your life and I hope that the only fly in the ointment is given a "move on" notice so that life can be really good for you both.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 26 Aug 2016 at 10:05
Paul

Please do not apologise for being away from the forum for a while, you have had an awful lot to deal with and over the last 12 months particularly, not everyone has the time to post and to be honest, some just don't feel they have anything more to add than has already been said.

The main thing is that your PSA is still undetectable and that is great news.

Don't give up on the ED. There are so many new treatments and possible combinations in the pipeline. It would seem that the powers that be have twigged that it is a number one issue for many Men, and I should add, not just those with PCa. I guess it takes a while for the issues to be fully recognised within our NHS which is sad. The familial deaths and ongoing worries in your life may also be contributing.

I post a lot less these days too, that is not because I don't care but because I care very much. My limited knowledge in diagnostics, treatments and all things other than dealing with PCa issues (rather than the disease itself) is now out of date. Those still living with the disease and those who sadly find themselevs here have much more valuable contributions to make in those aspects.

Good to hear that golf is still helping you to enjoy life.

Best wishes

xx

Mo

User
Posted 27 Aug 2016 at 20:45
Hi Paul

It's really good to see your post and know that you are doing ok after everything you've been through. Always pleased to see you here but never worry if you can't post for whatever reason, I often pop in, read and say nothing as I've got nothing of use to add.cit doesn't mean I'm not following, the old forum had a count so that you could see that people had read your post, some people didn't like it as it seemed to makes people more "popular" than others, I found it comforting, but there you are.

Can't help with the golf, it's never been a thing for us, but I'm pleased you are back in the swing!

Lots of love

Devonmaid xxx