I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Prostate surgery required!?

User
Posted 28 Aug 2016 at 15:24
My Gleasons score 3 + 3 = 6 , psa 7.3 month back reports. Should i needed surgery for prostate!
User
Posted 29 Aug 2016 at 11:49

Hello Sunizave and welcome to the site.

We can tell you our opinions but the choice has to be yours. None of us can say you NEED surgery

3+3=6 is low. What has your consultant offered you? Has he mentioned Active Surveillance as an option?

Have you been told that you have plenty of time to make up your mind (this would indicate that your cancer is a slow grower, in which case Active Surveillance would be suitable for you)

What is the state of your general health

How old are you?

The site gets a little slow at weekends and this is worse at the moment because it's Bank Holiday. I am sure that there will be other members along at some point to speak to you.

Best Wishes

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 29 Aug 2016 at 12:19

Hi, Sunizave,

From what you've said, I'm afraid it's impossible to say if surgery is right for you.

Your consultant(s) will look at your age, general health, scans, biopsy results, and much, much more before deciding what YOUR options are; you will almost certainly have some choice, but what that choice is can't be predicted without all the info.

"Gleasons score 3 + 3 = 6 , psa 7.3" would apply to many people - but they are each unique, and will need a variety of different solutions. There's no standard 'one size fits all'

User
Posted 29 Aug 2016 at 12:51
Age 60, postvaid bladder 100cc . need any medicines for treatment
User
Posted 29 Aug 2016 at 14:43

Are you living in England Sunizave?

User
Posted 29 Aug 2016 at 15:50
No
User
Posted 29 Aug 2016 at 17:19

Hi Sunzave,

The more information you provide, the better people can understand and outline your options to you.

Where do you live or where will you be treated?

What exploratory investigations have you had so far?

Do you have any other PS readings, if so when were they taken, and what were they?

Are you seeing a Doctor at the moment, if so what type? GP, Surgeon, other?

What other symptoms, if any do you have, that brings you here?

Your treatment options will depend on many factors amongst which is your expected longevity.

Hopefully the above will help you to help those here to help you better?

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 30 Aug 2016 at 17:33
Biopsy report is LMZ-Lateral : A tiny focus of atypical acinar proliferation is noted. It constitutes < 5% of the total core volume.Immunohistochemistry with P 63 and high molecular weight Cytokeratin highlight the absence of basal cell markers within these acini.IMPRESSION:TRUS guided prostate biopsy : -Prostatic adenocarcinoma of Gleasons score 3 + 3 = 6 which occupies < 5% of a single core labelled LMZ-Lat.

bone scan is normal

Ct scan- in this case known carcinoma prostate the CT study mild prostatmegaly with inhomogeneous post-contras enchantment.

User
Posted 30 Aug 2016 at 18:31

Hi Sunizave,

Thank you for the information. Extremely enlightening, certainly gives an insight in to your situation. However, it is not what was asked about. So, perhaps you could answer the questions above?

I wish you well on your rollercoaster of a journey.

dave

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 30 Aug 2016 at 18:36

Johsan

your inbox is full, can't message you.

Are you alright?

dave

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 30 Aug 2016 at 18:44

Thanks Countryboy. Sorted!

I'm fine thank you, if I discount the arthritis!!

Edited by member 30 Aug 2016 at 18:45  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 30 Aug 2016 at 19:24

Pleased to hear this, but your message box is still full.

No matter.

dave

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 30 Aug 2016 at 19:53

Hi Suni, India has some of the most advanced technology available for treating prostate cancer, although I assume you have to have the money to pay for it. In the UK, with your results some men would opt not to have treatment to begin with, opting instead for active surveillance where you have your PSA tested at least twice a year with a scan and DRE (finger up your bottom) at least every year. Then if the cancer starts to grow, they can react quickly with more biopsies and then treatment if needed. On the other hand, if you were very young the recommendation in the UK might be to have treatment sooner rather than later.

So much depends on your own circumstances - your age, whether you have finished making babies, which treatments are available in your area and whether or not you have to pay for them?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 23 Sep 2016 at 06:55

Psa level has been increased , now it is 9.90

User
Posted 23 Sep 2016 at 08:19

What options have been offered to you. Have you been checked for infection as that can raise PSA