I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Third of the way

User
Posted 09 Sep 2016 at 17:19
Well day thirteen of my RT treatment today so I am now one third of the way through and the time has gone so quickly.
whilst the tiredness is getting worse I have been extremely lucky with other side affects.

I have suffered some minor problems with "Radiation irritation" of the bladder and the bowel, this has been a little unpleasant but apparently is not uncommon.

The irritation caused some Diarrhea which has been sorted with Imodium tablets, the worst one is the bladder irritation which is like trying to pass 'Razor blades' and also you feel like you have not finished urinating even though your badder is completely empty, apparently it is very like Cystitis .
A urine test confirmed it was radiation irritation and not an infection so that was good.

Having a review on Monday with a Senior Radiologist to see how treatment is going so hopefully it will be good news.

Hope my little blog is helpful to people just starting on the road of treatment and I am quite happy to chat with anyone who wishes to know more about the RT treatment course.

Best wishes to all who are already on the treatment road and hope everything is going well for you.

Harley