I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

low red blood cells and haemaglobin

User
Posted 13 Sep 2016 at 20:57

anyone been having problems with low red blood cells and haemaglobin,any help appreciated.cheers

User
Posted 14 Sep 2016 at 22:03

nobody,ok cheers.

User
Posted 14 Sep 2016 at 23:17

Sorry Radar, I don't think I have ever seen anyone comment on here about it specifically in relation to PCa except in advanced disease and as a side effect of a couple of the more severe treatments. But you don't have advanced disease and anaemia is very common - have you changed your diet too severely perhaps?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 15 Sep 2016 at 09:06

thanks lyn .i have cut out red meat,had to avoid dairy because i have ready meals and there is milk and butter in them so its hard to cut out dairy,my appetite is ok,the doc said it could br 1 or 2 things,like i peed a bit of blood before i had cytoscopy that was radiation damage,or radiotherapy but that was 2yrs ago  are there any good weight gainers about .

User
Posted 15 Sep 2016 at 21:35

Weight gainers is not the answer - you need to know why your Hb is low. Proper advice needed from doctor or dietitian rather than us, I think.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard