Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

What a week...!!!

User
Posted 16 Sep 2016 at 11:37

Gosh, what a week...!!!!

Started well with the treatment (RT) going smoothly, now up to session number 17, nearly half way through.

However been having a few problems with the side affects which have been a bit of a blow this week.

Having mastered the "Bladder dance" over the last few weeks I have now turned to the "50mtr loo dash", which by yesterday has come on to near Olymic standard.

With having to drink the requirerd 700ml of water 40 minutes before RT it has been getting more difficult to 'Hold water' which on Wednesday caused me a few problems, was not able to hang on at all, took three attempts to do the treatment which put my slot back half an hour each time so instead of being at there for just over an hour I was there for just under three...!!!!!

Mind you I did have a laugh with my fellow 'Bladder dancers' over my woes as most of them have experienced simular problems.

I am told by the Radiographers that my bladder has been irritated by the radiation and may in fact get worse as the "Nuckeing" goes on - looking forward to that - NOT!!!!! 😟😟😟

So I have ended the week with a few new 'Dance moves' and won the silver medal for the 50mtr loo dash as yesterday it was so bad as soon as I got off the table I yanked on my shorts, picked up my shoes and ran like Eusane Bolt to the toilet - managed to shave 9 seconds off my best time ...!!!!🏃🏃🏃

Hope my weeks RT adventure has brought a smile to your face and remember, you are not alone, you have lots of people going through the same problems and we all support one another so keep your chin up, your bladder full and practice those dance steps....!!!

Have a great weekend and see you all next week back at the 'Bunker'........😆😆

User
Posted 16 Sep 2016 at 11:37

Gosh, what a week...!!!!

Started well with the treatment (RT) going smoothly, now up to session number 17, nearly half way through.

However been having a few problems with the side affects which have been a bit of a blow this week.

Having mastered the "Bladder dance" over the last few weeks I have now turned to the "50mtr loo dash", which by yesterday has come on to near Olymic standard.

With having to drink the requirerd 700ml of water 40 minutes before RT it has been getting more difficult to 'Hold water' which on Wednesday caused me a few problems, was not able to hang on at all, took three attempts to do the treatment which put my slot back half an hour each time so instead of being at there for just over an hour I was there for just under three...!!!!!

Mind you I did have a laugh with my fellow 'Bladder dancers' over my woes as most of them have experienced simular problems.

I am told by the Radiographers that my bladder has been irritated by the radiation and may in fact get worse as the "Nuckeing" goes on - looking forward to that - NOT!!!!! 😟😟😟

So I have ended the week with a few new 'Dance moves' and won the silver medal for the 50mtr loo dash as yesterday it was so bad as soon as I got off the table I yanked on my shorts, picked up my shoes and ran like Eusane Bolt to the toilet - managed to shave 9 seconds off my best time ...!!!!🏃🏃🏃

Hope my weeks RT adventure has brought a smile to your face and remember, you are not alone, you have lots of people going through the same problems and we all support one another so keep your chin up, your bladder full and practice those dance steps....!!!

Have a great weekend and see you all next week back at the 'Bunker'........😆😆

User
Posted 16 Sep 2016 at 14:40

Well I'm not doing the RT dance but it made me laugh anyway.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 19 Sep 2016 at 18:32

Hello Harley,

I sympathise with your RT dance - it ain't funny.

My RT finished about 6 months ago, but I still remember the " wonderful " times I had.

After about 3 weeks of treatment, I was speaking to a fellow prostate sufferer, who informed me of his routine.  If he couldn't hold his water - he simply went to the loo and on  coming out, simply drank another cup of water!  Well, I had to do the same on several occasions and as far as I know, it didn't make a damn difference. I certainly never told the staff.  Of course some fellow patients did look at me strangely, I just sat down and carried on reading my magazine.

One problem I did have, which I hated, was having the trotts, which would usually affect me in the morning, which was handy.  I'd phone the RT department to say I'd be late and they were fine with that.  One occasion, I phoned to say I wouldn't make it that day, my trotts were awful. They said " we'd like to see you if possible ". I thought ' yeah, I'm sure you would '.  After using 5 Immodium, I did make it, my wife got me there by 3 or 4pm, my appointment was for 1pm! Such is life.

Anyways, I've had 2 follow up appointments so far, with my PSA resulting below 0.1 on both occasions.

I pray that you will have a similar result my friend.

Frank.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 16 Sep 2016 at 14:40

Well I'm not doing the RT dance but it made me laugh anyway.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 19 Sep 2016 at 18:32

Hello Harley,

I sympathise with your RT dance - it ain't funny.

My RT finished about 6 months ago, but I still remember the " wonderful " times I had.

After about 3 weeks of treatment, I was speaking to a fellow prostate sufferer, who informed me of his routine.  If he couldn't hold his water - he simply went to the loo and on  coming out, simply drank another cup of water!  Well, I had to do the same on several occasions and as far as I know, it didn't make a damn difference. I certainly never told the staff.  Of course some fellow patients did look at me strangely, I just sat down and carried on reading my magazine.

One problem I did have, which I hated, was having the trotts, which would usually affect me in the morning, which was handy.  I'd phone the RT department to say I'd be late and they were fine with that.  One occasion, I phoned to say I wouldn't make it that day, my trotts were awful. They said " we'd like to see you if possible ". I thought ' yeah, I'm sure you would '.  After using 5 Immodium, I did make it, my wife got me there by 3 or 4pm, my appointment was for 1pm! Such is life.

Anyways, I've had 2 follow up appointments so far, with my PSA resulting below 0.1 on both occasions.

I pray that you will have a similar result my friend.

Frank.