I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Death-what-do-you-know .....(revisited)

User
Posted 04 Oct 2016 at 01:48

I was reviewing my bookmarks as I have too many and some of them are no longer relevant.  However, this is one  I will retain because for me the poignant thoughts become increasingly significant.   Sadly, Mark and some of the other posters on this thread have passed on but their words remain, although are not easily accessible on the forum, hence my bookmark to this link.   For those newer members who have not seen and for others whose cancer has advanced more recently, I commend.  http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t6254-Death--what-do-y-all-know-about-death?=#post6254

Edited by member 04 Oct 2016 at 21:21  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
User
Posted 04 Oct 2016 at 01:48

I was reviewing my bookmarks as I have too many and some of them are no longer relevant.  However, this is one  I will retain because for me the poignant thoughts become increasingly significant.   Sadly, Mark and some of the other posters on this thread have passed on but their words remain, although are not easily accessible on the forum, hence my bookmark to this link.   For those newer members who have not seen and for others whose cancer has advanced more recently, I commend.  http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t6254-Death--what-do-y-all-know-about-death?=#post6254

Edited by member 04 Oct 2016 at 21:21  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
User
Posted 04 Oct 2016 at 08:40

Thank you for re-posting this.

It's powerful stuff

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 04 Oct 2016 at 12:01
Barry

Thanks for making this easily accessible again. An amazing thread.

From my heart I want to say more but my head just doesn't have the right words.

xxxx

Mo

User
Posted 04 Oct 2016 at 21:48

I still can't read this - too painful and too raw, even after all this time.

I am sure we called for this thread to be one of the stickies, along with rocky road and Ben's 'moon shines a light' - PCUK never seems to acknowledge our requests for stickies :-(

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 06 Oct 2016 at 12:47

Hi Lyn,

I've replied about the stickies over here. We'll move this thread to the new area as well when we set it up, thanks for flagging it.

Best,

Sadie

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 04 Oct 2016 at 08:40

Thank you for re-posting this.

It's powerful stuff

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 04 Oct 2016 at 10:00
Thank you, Barry, for posting this.

It's piece of writing that should never be lost in the past.

Steve

User
Posted 04 Oct 2016 at 12:01
Barry

Thanks for making this easily accessible again. An amazing thread.

From my heart I want to say more but my head just doesn't have the right words.

xxxx

Mo

User
Posted 04 Oct 2016 at 18:34

Wow! Very thought provoking. What a wonderful legacy.

User
Posted 04 Oct 2016 at 19:29
Barry,

Thank you so much for revisiting this , it has certainly brought tears to my eyes when I first joined the forum three and half years ago this was one of the first posts that I read . I can honestly say that it helped me immensely it brought home to me that I needed to stop wallowing in self pity that it wasn't just me and my family struggling with this awful disease . Others were also living with and dying , struggling and facing there own demons.

Seeing some of the replies again is quite sobering voices that have long since gone.

Mrs Tomfire

Mark

Topgun

Alistar

Far to many to name but I remember them each and everyone so to all of those that have left us and to you Barry Thank You X

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 04 Oct 2016 at 21:48

I still can't read this - too painful and too raw, even after all this time.

I am sure we called for this thread to be one of the stickies, along with rocky road and Ben's 'moon shines a light' - PCUK never seems to acknowledge our requests for stickies :-(

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 05 Oct 2016 at 22:13
I can't read it either, Mark was such an amazing person, I'll never forget him.
User
Posted 06 Oct 2016 at 00:18

:-(

User
Posted 06 Oct 2016 at 12:47

Hi Lyn,

I've replied about the stickies over here. We'll move this thread to the new area as well when we set it up, thanks for flagging it.

Best,

Sadie