I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Chemotherapy dose

User
Posted 26 Oct 2016 at 15:40

My OH had his 3rd chemo cycle - Docetaxel last Thursday and he has coped very well so far except the last few days he has been very tired. I don't think this is any worse than we anticipated, but it got me thinking about his dosage. It's 148 mg every 3 weeks and this seems high to me. I know it's calculated to his weight and he is fairly heavy, but not excessively so. From my research the optimal dose seems to be 75 mg-100 mg every 3 weeks. Just wanted to see if anyone had any knowledge regarding this or could give me some idea of the dosages people on here have been on.

Thanks

Ruth

Edited by member 26 Oct 2016 at 16:43  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 28 Oct 2016 at 07:57
R

I can't answer your question and it looks like your post may have got lost for a short time. I am sure there are lots of members who can give you an answer.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 28 Oct 2016 at 16:04

Sorry, I don't know either but am bumping you up the list. Best person to ask might be the chemo nurse though?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 28 Oct 2016 at 16:48

From the"Summary of Product Characteristics" for doxatel

"Prostate cancer
The recommended dose of docetaxel is 75 mg/m2
. Prednisone or prednisolone 5 mg orally twice daily
is administered continuously (see section 5.1)."

The dose is calculate based on body surface area which is calculated based on height and weight which can be calculate usind different formulae. See here

Hope this helps

Tom

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 28 Oct 2016 at 07:57
R

I can't answer your question and it looks like your post may have got lost for a short time. I am sure there are lots of members who can give you an answer.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 28 Oct 2016 at 16:04

Sorry, I don't know either but am bumping you up the list. Best person to ask might be the chemo nurse though?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 28 Oct 2016 at 16:48

From the"Summary of Product Characteristics" for doxatel

"Prostate cancer
The recommended dose of docetaxel is 75 mg/m2
. Prednisone or prednisolone 5 mg orally twice daily
is administered continuously (see section 5.1)."

The dose is calculate based on body surface area which is calculated based on height and weight which can be calculate usind different formulae. See here

Hope this helps

Tom