I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Has anyone had a urethral sling operation?

User
Posted 01 Nov 2016 at 11:18
Has anyone had the sling operation?
My husband had it 3 weeks ago.Would like to compare notes with anyone.๐Ÿ˜†
User
Posted 05 Nov 2016 at 23:48

Hi Hilary, i think your post has been missed in the weekend hush. Tonypw and Walnut55 have both had this I think.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 06 Nov 2016 at 16:24

Yes, I have one. I was a little reluctant to come forward immediately because, although mine worked very well for about six months or so, its effectiveness declined steadily after that. I didn't want to cast doom on the future for Hilary and OH.... In my case, I think I was on the wrong side of the limit of incontinence for the sling and should have opted for the AUS straight away.

While the sling was working, I was on a contract in London, towing a suitcase and carrying a heavy laptop bag while jumping on and off buses and underground trains with no leakage, so the sling was effective.

Thinking about it, I suppose the sling was a pretty good gamble, and its failure was not the end of the road because it did not prevent the fitting of the AUS (that one year on is still working well).

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Tony
TURP then LRP in 2009/2010. Lots of leakage but PSA < 0.1 AMS-800 Artificial Sphincter activated 2015.