Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Denosumab

User
Posted 03 Nov 2016 at 18:22

Hi All

After my hospital asked me to fill in some forms for what i eat, vitamins, diet etc. since diagnosis it got me thinking.

Now i know the Fosters trial is not keeping me alive, but lately i have seen lots of trials for breast cancer using Denosumab. 

Now i have been on this drug since i was diagnosed is there anyone else out there with mets that have been on this since diagnosis and how are you doing.

Thanks

SI 

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 05 Nov 2016 at 13:43

Si,

I think there could be something in what you're thinking there about Denosumab.

We all know that PCa and BCa are hormone related cancers.

Since my own diagnosis in 2005 I have followed the programme Prof Jane Plant devised when she had only a few months left to live almost 30yrs ago, after breast cancer struck for the 5th time.

But as well as her diet, I also use supplements which are high in phytoestrogens, and the info about these various pills is that they are good for women's menopausal symptoms etc.

I'd first heard of the benefits of phytoestrogens from Jane, and although she didn't take a lot of supplements, I decided to take loads.

If Denusumab has seen you defy all predictions on your PCa prognosis, despite it being hailed as a new hope for BCa, then I feel there is a big connection to it's value for PCa. Your journey has been incredible with results that continue to surprise and baffle.

Perhaps my use of these supplements has helped me in a similar way.

How else could I be here almost 12rs later, after a T4 tumour which got as far as seminal vesicles, pelvic wall and floor and yet still there are no signs of it spreading into my bones or lymph nodes.

Definitely pause for thought here.

All the best,

George

Edited by member 05 Nov 2016 at 13:44  | Reason: Not specified