I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

is chemo worth it

User
Posted 08 Nov 2016 at 09:23

hi,i was dx 3rd feb 2014 with locally advanced pc,t3b no mo psa65 gleason 7,at the moment i am on iht last ingection 11/4/ 2016,onco said not to have my next zolodex jab on the 4th july,dont feel any different,i have read a lot about early chemo for a lot of people and it has been better for them,but when i was dx it was not an option,further down the line when i am due chemo is it worth it to suffer the side effects for the sake of 3 or 4 months,anyone have any thoughts on this please.

User
Posted 08 Nov 2016 at 11:43

radar,

I'm just about to start chemo, click on my name to see how I got here. Since I've decided to give it a go you can be sure that I think it is worth a shot as do my wife as do my Onco.

I will be recording what happens to me whilst on chemo on this forum, you will see a new post from me on this subject in the next few days. I hope that it will help you and others to judge whether chemo is right for you when the time comes.

David

User
Posted 08 Nov 2016 at 19:29
David my husband might be starting chemo next week so I will keep a look out for your posts.

I hope it goes really well for you.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 08 Nov 2016 at 11:43

radar,

I'm just about to start chemo, click on my name to see how I got here. Since I've decided to give it a go you can be sure that I think it is worth a shot as do my wife as do my Onco.

I will be recording what happens to me whilst on chemo on this forum, you will see a new post from me on this subject in the next few days. I hope that it will help you and others to judge whether chemo is right for you when the time comes.

David

User
Posted 08 Nov 2016 at 18:20

Hi Radar
I was dx Dec 2014 when I was 68 with locally advanced N0M1 psa 235 and not offered chemo or RT but went onto HT plus Stampede Trial enzalutamide.
I've been on this since and psa is running at .03 ((next check is in 2 weeks)

When these drugs stop working then I guess my next step is Chemo and I keep asking myself the same question you are asking yourself.
For some folk it works, for some the PCa seems to come back more aggressively.
Personally I don't like the idea of having poison injected into me and taxing my immune system..
My jury is still out and I'm following posts with interest

Good luck to you whichever is your decision.

Paul

Edited by member 08 Nov 2016 at 19:12  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 08 Nov 2016 at 19:29
David my husband might be starting chemo next week so I will keep a look out for your posts.

I hope it goes really well for you.