Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

muscle twitches - is it chemo-related

User
Posted 08 Nov 2016 at 19:14

Help please!

My OH is half way through his 6 sessions of chemo and has been on HT since PCa (with substantial met spreads) diagnosis in July. As well as a pile of general side effects from everything, he's had a 'bubbling' sensation in his nerve-endings (the nurse said not to worry) and today he has started twitching all over. Any ideas? He's on Taxotere and degarelix + steroids and anti-sickness tablets.

Thanks all.

Eleanor

User
Posted 08 Nov 2016 at 23:12

I can't help but am commenting to bump you up the list carer. Sounds to me like a call to the chemo suite is in order

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 09 Nov 2016 at 08:17

Hi my OH had chemo earlier in the year and for the first 3 sessions had severe pain/ spasms in the thighs that seemed to come on at day 3 for about 3/4 days and then disappeared ,now all chemo is over and on trial j he gets pains in the Achilles .
Also towards the end he had numb finger tips and 1 toe that has now cleared
Hope this helps but maybe you should mention this to doctor
Debby

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 08 Nov 2016 at 23:12

I can't help but am commenting to bump you up the list carer. Sounds to me like a call to the chemo suite is in order

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 09 Nov 2016 at 08:17

Hi my OH had chemo earlier in the year and for the first 3 sessions had severe pain/ spasms in the thighs that seemed to come on at day 3 for about 3/4 days and then disappeared ,now all chemo is over and on trial j he gets pains in the Achilles .
Also towards the end he had numb finger tips and 1 toe that has now cleared
Hope this helps but maybe you should mention this to doctor
Debby