I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Football to Amsterdam June 2017

User
Posted 09 Nov 2016 at 22:19
My son Joe and son-in-law Mark are embarking on a bike ride from Yorkshire to Amsterdam in June 2017 They are raising money for Prostate Cancer UK and will ride 145 miles in two days. Training is just starting so please visit their page and see what they are doing and share with your friends.

Obviously my son has been motivated because of my own battle with PCa. He has not made it easy for himself as he is not a cyclist and so is starting from scratch. My son-in-law has more experience but again lots of training ahead. I would be grateful if you share the just giving page with anyone who may be able to make a donation. If you search me out on Facebook there is a link on my page there.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/JoeandMark-bikeride[/url]

Thanks so much in supporting their efforts.

User
Posted 09 Nov 2016 at 22:44
Hi Paul,

I think they will have a really great time when they do the ride. As you probably know, I was the official photographer for this year's event and it really is a wonderful trip.

I wish I was fit enough to take part rather than just take photos, maybe something I could consider if my fitness improves in the future.

Please pass on my thanks to your sons for doing this, they are helping all of us with their fundraising.

I do have a set of pictures of this year's event on facebook so these may be of interest.

Take care.

Steve

User
Posted 09 Nov 2016 at 23:03

Shared Yorkhull x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 26 Mar 2017 at 20:25

I thought it was time for an update on their progress. Last night we held a charity concert at my cricket club to raise money for the bike ride. An old friend of mine also with PCa has played in bands all his life and he agreed to play for free with his band which has his son, one of his daughters and a friend making up the four piece band. Well the night brought in over £1000 to boost the overall figure raised to £2195.52 around 43% of their target but importantly enough to ensure their entry to the event. So their training continues less than three months to go. Great night last night.

Here is the link to their just giving site:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/JoeandMark-bikeride

You will find their story so far on there.

User
Posted 26 Mar 2017 at 20:30

It was a great night - really glad we came x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 26 Mar 2017 at 21:59
Shared X
NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 11 Jun 2017 at 11:48

Brilliant x

User
Posted 11 Jun 2017 at 22:58
Fantastic Paul , you must be so proud .

BFN

Julie X

User
Posted 12 Jun 2017 at 00:54
Hi Paul,

Well done, Joe & Mark. Fantastic achievement. Hope they enjoyed the celebration at the Walkabout in Amsterdam!

Steve

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 09 Nov 2016 at 22:44
Hi Paul,

I think they will have a really great time when they do the ride. As you probably know, I was the official photographer for this year's event and it really is a wonderful trip.

I wish I was fit enough to take part rather than just take photos, maybe something I could consider if my fitness improves in the future.

Please pass on my thanks to your sons for doing this, they are helping all of us with their fundraising.

I do have a set of pictures of this year's event on facebook so these may be of interest.

Take care.

Steve

User
Posted 09 Nov 2016 at 23:03

Shared Yorkhull x

User
Posted 10 Nov 2016 at 18:04

Thanks!

User
Posted 10 Nov 2016 at 19:19
All power to your son and son in law's legs Paul!

Bazza

User
Posted 11 Nov 2016 at 13:00
Shared Yorkhull! X
User
Posted 26 Mar 2017 at 20:25

I thought it was time for an update on their progress. Last night we held a charity concert at my cricket club to raise money for the bike ride. An old friend of mine also with PCa has played in bands all his life and he agreed to play for free with his band which has his son, one of his daughters and a friend making up the four piece band. Well the night brought in over £1000 to boost the overall figure raised to £2195.52 around 43% of their target but importantly enough to ensure their entry to the event. So their training continues less than three months to go. Great night last night.

Here is the link to their just giving site:

You will find their story so far on there.

User
Posted 26 Mar 2017 at 20:30

It was a great night - really glad we came x

User
Posted 26 Mar 2017 at 21:59
Shared X
User
Posted 11 Jun 2017 at 11:21

Ok well the Boys done good. MY son Joe and my son-in-law Mark completed the 145 miles from Barnsley FC to Amsterdam in the sun yesterday afternoon. It was a great achievement and the 400 riders in total raising over £460000 so far for Prostate Cancer UK. Joe was not a cyclist before this and has had to work hard on this race. I am proud of him and Mark and it was great to be in Amsterdam to see them finish.

There is still time to contribute and if you want to support my son's page or just see their progress and some pictures you can find it here. They have raised £3400 so far.

User
Posted 11 Jun 2017 at 11:48

Brilliant x

User
Posted 11 Jun 2017 at 22:58
Fantastic Paul , you must be so proud .

BFN

Julie X

User
Posted 12 Jun 2017 at 00:54
Hi Paul,

Well done, Joe & Mark. Fantastic achievement. Hope they enjoyed the celebration at the Walkabout in Amsterdam!

Steve