I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

16 years on

User
Posted 15 Nov 2016 at 11:17

Another year gone by, it's now 16 years since I had Brachytherapy treatment and have just had the results of my latest blood test, 0.01 so this is just to let you all know I am still alive and kicking. When you are diagnosed it's a hard decision to know which treatment to head for, seems to have worked out in my case. All the best, jorg

Edited by member 15 Nov 2016 at 11:20  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 15 Nov 2016 at 15:20
Brilliant Jorg

All the best
Bri
User
Posted 15 Nov 2016 at 17:13
J

Brilliant news and an inspiring story for many of us.

Thanks Chris
User
Posted 15 Nov 2016 at 17:27

Excellent Jorg. My husband had his permanent seeds implanted a couple of years ago and will soon be having his interim PSA test so I hope he is as successful as you.

Thank you for sharing. Very encouraging

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 15 Nov 2016 at 19:09

Impressive!

User
Posted 15 Nov 2016 at 22:58

Really excellent result. Up to a third of men who have RT experience a recurrence within 8 years so 16 years looks like you must be in the 'lucky' group.

Barry
User
Posted 16 Nov 2016 at 00:26
Hi Jorg
Excellent. May I ask what was your dx. PSA staging etc. I assume you were 56 .
Any side effects?

Thanks
Gordon
User
Posted 05 Dec 2016 at 18:33

Hi Gordon, sorry for the delay I don't call in very often as I like to forget about my prostate it just rears it's head once a year due to blood test time. I can't remember to much as it's so long ago, but mine was caught early due to persistent bladder infection problem. I think it was 5.9 and the cancer had not left the prostate. Side effects, bladder blockage after a few days and an overnight hospital stay, home and self catheterisation which was interesting, also I had to reduce the size of my prostate which was at 56" and they wanted it in the 30's. The treatment for that was hormonal for a few weeks that messed my sex life up and is still messed up, but I'm alive . I have to tell you until all this started I had no idea I had a prostate, but soon found out where it was , I had to go into hospital with my final bladder infection and in the first hour had three Doctors stick a finger up ? well you know, all the best.