I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

I've left the LOCALISED CLUB and now joining this one.

User
Posted 16 Nov 2016 at 20:42

Hi,

My last post (awhile ago) was about my rising PSA - to be fair it's steady now at 6.40 - good for me as it was 119.5 on diagnosis. I am a 4+5 G9

In August I had a nuclear bone scan followed by a CT scan after I had complained of neck ache to my consultant. The neck ache soon went (bad sleeping position I reckon), but the scans came back showing by chance a lesion on my lower spine so totally different area altogether.

I have had my next appointment brought forward to next Tuesday and have spoken to a MacMillan nurse as what I might expect.

Just what will be my options if any? Chemo was mentioned - but I'm not keen on that having read other posts on the subject. I have heard of Radium 223 treatment but not sure if I'd be suitable having had radiotherapy to the pelvic area back in 2013.

What sort of questions I should I be asking and will there really be any choices for me to make?

I feel pretty good physically at the moment and no problems in the affected are. It's just my mind that's screwed up and I feel completely "rudderless"

Please excuse my ramblings - I haven't had a coherent thought in my head since I had the news.

Cheers,

Alan

Edited by member 16 Nov 2016 at 21:34  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 16 Nov 2016 at 21:26

It might be suggested by consultant but if not you could ask whether the lower spine could be treated with some radiation. if considered appropriate, notwithstanding you have previously had RT.

Barry
User
Posted 17 Nov 2016 at 13:17

Hi Barry and Andrew,

Thanks for your comments - I'll put the questions to my Onco at my appointment next week.

My staging was similar to yours Andrew T3 N0 M0 with it breaking out of the capsule. When I had finished radiotherapy treatment in August 2013 I was kept on Decapeptyl (hormone treatment injections in my backside) until Oct 2014 then came off them at my PSA had come down.

I'm now back on the HT indefinitely as the PSA went up from 0.33 at it's lowest to 6.4 now. the Onco said I shouldn't worry as it is still low compared to how high it was in the first place. That was before my bone scan of course.

Everything's crossed for a good meeting and then I can manage my way forward a bit better. Just got to sort out the most relevant questions to ask him.

Cheers,

Alan