I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

On going

User
Posted 29 Jul 2021 at 14:25
Keep the faith and get some beer in him ….

Best wishes

If life gives you lemons , then make lemonade

User
Posted 29 Jul 2021 at 17:21

As GoalHanger says the PSA rise has slowed down. You probably don't realise how good that result is. When he was on HT and had no testosterone his PSA was artificially low, and when he came off HT and testosterone recovered then his PSA should return to it's "normal level". Now no body knows what "normal level" is for David, because all the time you have been aware of his PSA he has either had cancer or been on treatment for it.

Oncologists consider under 2.1 to be normal for someone who has had RT. If you plotted David's psa against time during and since treatment you would see a low flat line whilst on HT followed by a steep rise about a year after finishing HT and most importantly now signs of it levelling out at a "new normal level" which looks to be about 1.2. 

I know I am always optimistic and who knows what might happen, but if my PSA behaves like David's in the next couple of years (I'm about two years behind him) I will be very happy. So get down that pub and celebrate a levelling out of the PSA at a number well below what an oncologist would consider troublesome.

Edited by member 29 Jul 2021 at 20:02  | Reason: Not specified

Dave