I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

6 monthly review

User
Posted 17 Nov 2016 at 11:48

hi,just got back from review with urologist,he asked how i was and any problems,i said i have had an ache in my right groin and he said nothing to do with my pc,he did not know that my last zoladex was 11th april,dont the oncologist and urologist talk to each other,my psa is still undetectable which is good ,but not to worry when it starts to rise when the zoladex is out of my system within 8 to 12 months,which could be anytime now, i said i was on iht he didnt know what that is,and i said i am on a hormone holiday he didnt know what that is,only in there 2mins waste of time better off seeing your gp for results at least you can talk to your gp,cant believe he did not know that my oncologist said to stop ht,any thoughts on this please.

User
Posted 17 Nov 2016 at 12:28

I think it is fairly normal - john's urologist and oncologist don't talk to each other either and I suppose, being different departments, that isn't so surprising. The shame is that he presumably didn't read your notes before you went in the room - John's Mr P reads what Mr B has written in the notes and then tells us!

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 18 Nov 2016 at 08:44

thankyou,