I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Positive thoughts

User
Posted 25 Nov 2016 at 18:19
Hi everyone I wish everyone a lovely evening.

Lots of feelings going through me this evening. Does anyone have any stories to share

Thank you

Edited by member 25 Nov 2016 at 21:57  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 25 Nov 2016 at 20:33
Hi Dancing

This is nothing to do with Pca but it might make you smile. Last week our 70 year old neighbour who lives on her own rang me at 10.15 in the evening in a bit of a state. She said that she was scared as there was a half naked man in her back garden hammering on her patio doors. I went out to our back garden and low and behold she was right. I shouted to him and as he moved away from her doors and stumbled towards the fence it was obvious that he was off his face on drugs. While I distracted him my OH phoned the police who arrived in about 10 mins. I went out to meet him and we went next door to check the guy out. It turned the guy was on acid but was only 17 and lived 35 miles away. He collapsed on the patio so we called the ambulance service and two quick response paramedics arrived shortly after. During this time I was knelt on the patio with the lad sat leaning against me for support. At first he thought I was his mate Gary but it got more worrying when he then thought I was his girlfriend Phoebe and wanted a cuddle. I soon knocked that on the head but he was so far out of it he didn't know who he was or where. The police made contact with his mates who turned up eventually as they had been looking for him. After nearly 2 hours an ambulance arrived to take him to hospital to recover by which time I had a job to walk having been knelt all of this time supporting him

The funniest bit of this was that my OH and next door neighbour were stood with the police when the lad's mate apologised to them for causing distress to "you two elderly ladies"

One is 65 and the other 70 and they were livid - not because of what happened but being called elderly.

Hope this helped lift you a bit.

Kind regards

Kevan

User
Posted 25 Nov 2016 at 19:32
Most of the time as a family we are really upbeat and positive but tonight, I'm feeling down. When feeling down I tend to look online which I know isn't helpful so I decided to post on here instead to hear from such wonderful people like yourself and stories people are experiencing.

Thank you for your response x

User
Posted 25 Nov 2016 at 20:11

Are you dancing ?
Are you asking ?
I'm asking !
Then I'm dancing !
:-)) :-))
My wee Scots wiffee taught me this ditty.
Have a good weekend
Chris

User
Posted 25 Nov 2016 at 21:10

If in doubt, it is always worth bringing this thread to the attention of newer members http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t4391-Quiet-today?=#post4391

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 25 Nov 2016 at 21:37
Hi all.

Nigel, Wishing you all the best for your operation. I'm a true believer of positive thoughts and I'm sending so many of them over to you! You are in the best hands. Wishing you a leak free Christmas bash!

Thank you Chris and Lyn.

And Kevan, thanks for sharing your story with me!! It certainly did bring a smile to my face well done for having the patients to provide care him for considering the circumstances!

This forum is just brilliant.. :)

User
Posted 25 Nov 2016 at 19:48

Hi Dancing,
No news from me, but next week is my big week. Pre-op Monday, RRP Thursday. Had a glum day today, it's the waiting.
Feeling a little apprehensive but at least something will be happening. If they remove the catheter after 14 days It could be the day of the Christmas bash with my former colleagues. Hope I don't leak.
Hope you are feeling better.
Nigel

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 25 Nov 2016 at 19:15

What's up Dancing (apart from the horrors of a dad with cancer that is)

What sort of feelings - feeling down?

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 25 Nov 2016 at 19:32
Most of the time as a family we are really upbeat and positive but tonight, I'm feeling down. When feeling down I tend to look online which I know isn't helpful so I decided to post on here instead to hear from such wonderful people like yourself and stories people are experiencing.

Thank you for your response x

User
Posted 25 Nov 2016 at 19:48

Hi Dancing,
No news from me, but next week is my big week. Pre-op Monday, RRP Thursday. Had a glum day today, it's the waiting.
Feeling a little apprehensive but at least something will be happening. If they remove the catheter after 14 days It could be the day of the Christmas bash with my former colleagues. Hope I don't leak.
Hope you are feeling better.
Nigel

User
Posted 25 Nov 2016 at 20:11

Are you dancing ?
Are you asking ?
I'm asking !
Then I'm dancing !
:-)) :-))
My wee Scots wiffee taught me this ditty.
Have a good weekend
Chris

User
Posted 25 Nov 2016 at 20:33
Hi Dancing

This is nothing to do with Pca but it might make you smile. Last week our 70 year old neighbour who lives on her own rang me at 10.15 in the evening in a bit of a state. She said that she was scared as there was a half naked man in her back garden hammering on her patio doors. I went out to our back garden and low and behold she was right. I shouted to him and as he moved away from her doors and stumbled towards the fence it was obvious that he was off his face on drugs. While I distracted him my OH phoned the police who arrived in about 10 mins. I went out to meet him and we went next door to check the guy out. It turned the guy was on acid but was only 17 and lived 35 miles away. He collapsed on the patio so we called the ambulance service and two quick response paramedics arrived shortly after. During this time I was knelt on the patio with the lad sat leaning against me for support. At first he thought I was his mate Gary but it got more worrying when he then thought I was his girlfriend Phoebe and wanted a cuddle. I soon knocked that on the head but he was so far out of it he didn't know who he was or where. The police made contact with his mates who turned up eventually as they had been looking for him. After nearly 2 hours an ambulance arrived to take him to hospital to recover by which time I had a job to walk having been knelt all of this time supporting him

The funniest bit of this was that my OH and next door neighbour were stood with the police when the lad's mate apologised to them for causing distress to "you two elderly ladies"

One is 65 and the other 70 and they were livid - not because of what happened but being called elderly.

Hope this helped lift you a bit.

Kind regards

Kevan

User
Posted 25 Nov 2016 at 21:10

If in doubt, it is always worth bringing this thread to the attention of newer members http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t4391-Quiet-today?=#post4391

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 25 Nov 2016 at 21:37
Hi all.

Nigel, Wishing you all the best for your operation. I'm a true believer of positive thoughts and I'm sending so many of them over to you! You are in the best hands. Wishing you a leak free Christmas bash!

Thank you Chris and Lyn.

And Kevan, thanks for sharing your story with me!! It certainly did bring a smile to my face well done for having the patients to provide care him for considering the circumstances!

This forum is just brilliant.. :)