Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Half Way Through Docetaxel

User
Posted 26 Nov 2016 at 22:34

Hi,

I am now half way through my 10 cycles of Docetaxel. I was started on this after they discovered that the cancer had spread to my lungs. I get some of the side effects; oral thrush, extreme exhaustion, total hair loss, sore finger and toe nails etc. For the next five days after chemo I get the most horrible taste in my mouth. Some say metallic, but the best I can describe it is if taste was a colour it would be the blackest black. Tried frozen pineapple cubes but they did not work. The nurse said "in the old days" everyone on chemo got an ice lolly to suck. Maybe try one next time.

I was quite worried before seeing the consultant to discuss my CT scan as I thought that maybe the chemo was not working. My hair is starting to grow back and my psa is consistent around 22 and barely moving in either direction.

However, great news. The tumours on my lungs have all shrunk by more than 50%! The relief is almost overwhelming. It is a curious feeling. I am so happy in my head at the same time feeling terrible with the effects of the chemo. Never mind. Round six next Wednesday. Knowing that it is working will get me through, and roll on 22nd February which will be my last one!

Best regards

User
Posted 27 Nov 2016 at 01:34

That's great news about the tumours Norman - dig in as February sounds like no time at all when you say it like that!

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 27 Nov 2016 at 01:36
That's great that you have had such a good response on the scans :-) Just the boost you need to keep going through the rest of the cycles.

Edited by member 27 Nov 2016 at 01:37  | Reason: Not specified