I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Wait on treatment

User
Posted 30 Nov 2016 at 00:32
I was diagnosed with PC in July gleasonscore 4+4=8 nodule right lobe T3 tissue 40% on right and 25% on left. Was started on hormone treatment prostap and had my second injection at the start of November.
Had bone scan at start of august and MRI 2 weeks later I was told by consultant that the PC was contained within the prostrate and that I would have hormone treatment followed by Radium therapy.
Was taken to centre in Belfast on 20th October and marked out for Radium therapy that was 6 weeks ago
Can anyone tell me if waiting this length of time makes any difference to the outcomes of the treatment?
User
Posted 30 Nov 2016 at 11:38

Thanks Andrew for you reassurance its just not knowing what is happing is the bother.

User
Posted 30 Nov 2016 at 13:44

Hello Tellytuby and welcome.

If you ever sit there wondering what is happening and what is normal or usual and can't wait for somebody on here to reply then you can always ring the nurses on this site
0800 0748383
and ask for advice

Best Wishes

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 30 Nov 2016 at 18:35

Some hospitals like men to be on the hormone treatment for 6 months before the RT while others might only wait 3 months. Research a couple of years ago concluded that the longer you are on HT before and after RT the more likely you are to achieve full remission. Also if you are having IMRT the consultant uses the time between your planning scan and the start of RT to write the computer programme for your body.

Were you allocated a named nurse? If so, I would give him/her a call just to check they haven't forgotten you though - that is quite a wait since your planning scan.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard