I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Chemo again?

User
Posted 05 Dec 2016 at 14:03
Appears PSA on rise again and along with increased frequency in peeing, etc which was initial problem before dc.

Have been looking at all different treatments again before this weeks consultation.

It is what it is, and it was mentioned six months ago at consultation that I could get chemo again, which I thought would maybe in ten years or longer. (Ever optimistic).

Has anyone had two chemo sessions in quick succession?

Just want to know if it's an option as Iam feeling fitter and healthier than I was at start of first Robert bed of chemo!

Cheers

Steven

User
Posted 05 Dec 2016 at 14:23

Hi Steven

Sorry to read your news, i see from your bio you have not tried Abbi or Enzo yet is there a reason for this.

Best Wishes

Si

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 05 Dec 2016 at 15:18

My thinking is like Si's - if you were my dad or brother i would be hoping you could try Abbi or Enzo before another set of chemo.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 05 Dec 2016 at 16:53

There may be a postcode lottery on repeated chemo. I'm in the South West. My Onco said when she recommended 10 sessions of docetaxel chemo that it was one shot only, she couldn't prescribe it a second time. However, she did say cabazitaxel would be an option but it would also be one shot only.

Like Lyn and Si, I really think you should consider Abi or Enzo. Enzo protected me for a long time.

User
Posted 05 Dec 2016 at 20:49

Hope all goes well tomorrow ,as you know my OH is very similar in diagnoses and also had early chemo , the only differance is he's on arm j of trial with Enzo and Abbie ,but like you I was hoping next stage would be quite a few years off .
Will be looking out for your updates
Take care
Debby

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 05 Dec 2016 at 14:23

Hi Steven

Sorry to read your news, i see from your bio you have not tried Abbi or Enzo yet is there a reason for this.

Best Wishes

Si

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 05 Dec 2016 at 15:18

My thinking is like Si's - if you were my dad or brother i would be hoping you could try Abbi or Enzo before another set of chemo.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 05 Dec 2016 at 16:53

There may be a postcode lottery on repeated chemo. I'm in the South West. My Onco said when she recommended 10 sessions of docetaxel chemo that it was one shot only, she couldn't prescribe it a second time. However, she did say cabazitaxel would be an option but it would also be one shot only.

Like Lyn and Si, I really think you should consider Abi or Enzo. Enzo protected me for a long time.

User
Posted 05 Dec 2016 at 19:03

Thanks for reply, I had thought it maybe Abbie or enzo but just wanted to know if second chemo is something that could be be an option. Or if it's one of the other drugs before chemo again. It wasn't much fun the first time but then at least I knew what it was like or if you you could get another boost of it. I have consultation tomorrow and see what's to be done.

User
Posted 05 Dec 2016 at 20:49

Hope all goes well tomorrow ,as you know my OH is very similar in diagnoses and also had early chemo , the only differance is he's on arm j of trial with Enzo and Abbie ,but like you I was hoping next stage would be quite a few years off .
Will be looking out for your updates
Take care
Debby

User
Posted 07 Dec 2016 at 09:41

So its back to the waiting game. The raise maybe a one off or maybe infection or maybe something else and therefore back to couple of new scans and retested in January. Onco very good and not negative. As Si, lynn and Colu mentioned it would be abbi or enzo would be the next step and then so what afterwards. Meantime as onco said wait until all tests and result are in and see what next step is, meantime just enjoy Christmas, which I fully intend to do.
However feeling much better mentally as it was the build up to the appointment and the fact I phoned the docs to get the PSA a few days beforehand. Next time I'll phone up the day before. Good to be forewarned back not 4 days before!!